Wednesday 21 June 2017

Cards and tags...

Hello, Carol with you today…. I'm still playing with my Distress Oxide ink pads…have you got any yet??

Have you seen the gorgeous stamps by 49 and Market? I love the way they interlock a background with a strong shape, I missed out on the set I would have liked so decided to do my own…

I took a piece of white cardstock just smaller than my card bland and using distress oxide inks in peeled paint, walnut stain and broken china I inked up kaisercraft clear stamp - diamonds - just be careful when you layer the colours… and stamped this to the side… I then overstamped with a number stamp, splatters and a text stamp so that I had the following base to work with…


I get carried away when I craft and forget to take pictures… so the finished piece is:-



I inked the edges with distress ink and then matted with black cardstock before mounting onto the card base.  A couple of images and then a stamped sentiment finished it off.

As usual, I like to make matching gift tags so here is the matching tag:-


The technique was copies just onto a smaller scale….



I really liked the effect so decided to make a couple more cards for some colleagues who are "moving on" - this time distress oxides in spiced marmalade, walnut stain and broken china… this time some Tando minis were painted with acrylic paint and then doodled with pens… this is the finished effect.




TFL xx




No comments: