Wednesday 14 June 2017

wedding part 1

for my next project will be using kasiercraft PS i love you. Its an older collection, that contains dusky pinks and greys in its colour range. I was asked by a good friend to make her a guest book for her wedding reception and nearest i could find to her colour theme was in this collection. Again not one of those collections i would pick up and scrapbook with but it works perfectly with this project
Armed with with a naked white scrapbook from a large craft retailer, my stunning papers, a beautiful resin frame from prima, and my dies, i went about creating.
I took apart the front and back cover keeping my spines and inserts to one side. As you can see from the photo the papers were mat and layered, i used a sentence from the bottom of the sheet, and used a age old wedding couple image stamp i bought from the states over a decade ago to create the focal point of my cover. Adhered the frame on top of the image and went about die cutting tattered pine cones die to create the roses on the side of my frame, added a button and gems, along with some die cut gold spirals. And used my sewing machine to stitch the edge of the patterned papers. Made holes in the cover with my cropodile to reinsert the wire bounding 


close up of frame and flowers


  then it was back to my inserts. so to make the plain book extra special i cut 1 inch strips of patterned paper, machine sew the edges to add texture and stamped appropriate sentiments to the top of each and then finally bound  the covers and inserts with the help of my trusty old bind it all.


Finally to add that finishing touch i decorated a jar into a pen pot. Made a band decorated in the same way and adhered around the middle of the jar. MR & MRS is a sizzix die cut from grey board and gold glitter paper and hot glue gunned this to a wooden kebab stick.


In part 2, i will be decorating a memory box, tando letter tray heart and altering a wooden box. which will complete this special gift for a good friend. Hope these two ideas have inspired you to create a guest book too, it could be for a christening, baby shower, special birthday or anniversary.

No comments: