Friday 21 July 2017

beautiful story (tando heart)

this post uses the left over tando letter tray heart As you remember it comes in parts the heart base and 3 frames that sit on top of each other to make the heart. 
 I have covered my heart base in canvas/ burlap and left to one side. Adhered 2 of the frames together but cut out the grids, painted this in a dark slate paint. Once dry added crackle medium and topped with another coat of paint in a light stone colour.
The crackle allows the darker colour to seep through.
Adhered a black and white photo to my frame and then started placing die cut leaves from an old small paper pad to the base of my frame plus other paper embellishments which i distressed with distress ink. 


Added a metal number plate and used my left over chipboard piece i had tucked away from the Bo Bunny layout i did over a month ago. The chipboard was primed in gesso and then used my distress crayons to add colour. Placed my heart on a wood grain effect paper that was distressed with a distressing tool and then adhered to a dark grey piece of card stock.


close ups


1 comment:

Anita said...

Love how you incorporated the letter tray on this layout Karen xx