Friday 23 February 2018

Time to feed the Natives with Doodlebug So Punny

Hi Tracee with you today, hope you all had a fabulous Valentines Day and were thoroughly spoiled. My husband and I don't celebrate the occasion so when I was sent the So Punny collection by Doodlebug I came up with a whole new idea. I know I could have used a photo of us together but I like to push the boundaries of themed collections just to create a little fun.

time to feed the natives tracee provis papermaze doodlebug so punny 01

I started by taking the word Valentines from the sticker sheet and typing into a free online word creator, there were lots of words to make but I liked the idea of documenting our camping breakfast as "Time to feed the natives" The little gnomes that are also on the sticker sheet made the perfect 'natives' as I had no pictures of us actually eating the delicious breakfast.



For the Feed The words I used some thin puffy letters by Fancy Pants that I had in my stash, I like to mix my alphas and it's a great way of using the old and making way for the new. 


I played around with my main cluster o a white background for ages and I tried cutting out some tepees from patterned paper but nothing was looking right.  I grabbed my fine journaling pen and hand drew some of my own design, of course I couldn't stop there and some clouds followed along with a stamped grass effect stamp. I then added a little colour with my Prima watercolour pencils to finish it off.

I hope you have enjoyed my page and my process today and have a very happy scrappy weekend.
For this and all your scrappy needs please head over to the SHOP








3 comments:

Anita said...

Such a fun page once again and I love how you chopped up the word VALENTINE and re purposed it...totally inspired! The doodles are fab too! xx

Karen said...

I really like this layout and you had such a fun collection to work with. Love the drawing. x

PoshPetal said...

Such a fun page, and great use of the themed papers
x