To present this photograph I picked out some silvery grey papers from the collection.
The base is 'Smokey' Bazzill cardstock. Then with the script side of a sheet of 'RSVP', I trimmed the edges with a Martha Stewart - Punch Around The Page Punch 'Vintage Floral', and mounted this centrally on the cardstock.
Using the grey hydrangea side of the 'Eiffel' paper, I cut this down to 9" x 9", then inking the edges with 'Hickory Smoke' Distress Ink, I mounted this piece in the centre of the layout. I love the shape of the blooms on this paper and decided to make a feature of the hydrangea, by building a large bloom on the page (see below).
I made a band of ribbons and lace horizontally, across the middle of the layout, layering up the embellishments of differing widths, materials and shades. Then my photograph was mounted onto white card to give a very fine border. The portrait was added to the left of the page.
To create my bloom, I used a 'Hickory Smoke' Distress paint, then dabbed a little 'Spun Sugar' Distress Paint on top. I used a Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Hydrangea punch to make a lot of tiny flowers. A good alternative for this punch, that works just as well is the EK success Hydrangea Confetti Punch. The punched shapes were all treated with the distress ink, and then layered up with double-sided 3D foam pads. The flower centres were created with Nuvo Glitter Drops, in 'Silver Moondust', to give a raised droplet. This product from Tonic Studios comes in many colours and different finishes, they are quick drying and add a great finishing touch. The finished bloom was added to the right of my photo.
From the Kaisercraft Romantique 'Butterflies Printed Acetate' sheet I cut four butterflies very close to the outlines. I bent the wings forwards and glued the bodies in place on the page with Glossy Accents. This made the butterflies stand out on the page, ideal for presenting in a box frame. In an album they are not as three-dimensional but still seem to hold their shape fairly well, as the acetate is a good weight.
The title was cut with a Sizzix Sizzlit alphabet and silver card. As a finishing touch I added some black flat-backed pearl swirls from my stash.
I will be back later in the month with another project using these papers.
Thanks for looking.