Friday 29 June 2018

Beach Boys....... G45 Sun Kissed pt 2.

Hello again, it's Anita here today.
I hope you have had a fabulous week and have enjoyed the amazing summer sunshine we are all being treated to at the moment. Its really inspired me to scrap some summer fun photos of 2 of my nephews enjoying themselves on the beach last summer.
Once again I am using the stunning Sun Kissed Collection from Graphic45, such vibrant summer colours and great designs.




This has also given me the chance to have my first ever play with Distress Oxide inks and Gesso.... and I have to say I loved it. I can see lot more inky times coming up!
So, to start with I used a sheet of Cream cardstock and gave it a good coating of Gesso, once dry I set about playing with the Oxide ink Pads. I used Spiced Marmalade and Peacock Feathers...and I applied them using the Smooshing technique
I also added a couple of squirts of Distress Stain spray in Blueprint Sketch.
 The page itself was based on a sheet of Floating Floral, I used the reverse side and then added a wide strip of the cardstock that I had inked and sprayed up. I used bit and pieces of the following sheets to decorate the rest of the page by cutting out turtles, shells, words and thin strips.
Sunkissed ,
Turtle Time ,
 Kids at play
Splish Splash


I also used some hessian sacking as a photo mat for some added texture  and layered fussy cut shells, starfish and turtles around the photos.


To finish off the page I added huge clusters of sequins and scattered a few single ones about around the edges of the layout. And I also used some Jillibean soup teeny alpha stickers, in Navy Blueberry to add a few details.



I have thoroughly enjoyed working with this beautiful collection of papers and its also made a really nice change to scrap boys for a change.
For an excellent selection of Graphic45 papers and all your other crafting needs, just pop along to the shop...you will be glad you did!

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is such a lovely page Anita and those papers are gorgeous. x

Anita said...

Thank you Karen xx I really love this collection x

Lynn said...

This is another stunning layout with these papers Anita. xx

Anita said...

Thank you Lynn xx