Wednesday 14 August 2019

Pebbles 'Oh Summertime' - Girls Just wanna Have Sun

Hello, Karen C here again. I hope you're enjoying the summer and also finding time to be creative. This month I've been working with the Oh Summertime collection from Pebbles. I love the fun bright colours in this collection and all the summertime icons and images which are perfect for recording your summer memories. Today I have a girly layout using three Polaroid style photos.


I started with a sheet of the Bee Happy (B Side) paper and after gutting it I stuck a 11.5"x11.5" square of pink 'Chablis' Bazzill cardstock in the centre.

I then took a piece of vellum and cut a sunburst shape from it. 


After cutting out the sunburst shape I used a white gel pen to draw faux-stitching around the edges. A piece of acetate was then placed underneath the vellum.


Before putting the vellum and acetate onto my layout I glued some pink, gold and yellow sequins where the 'windows' in the vellum would be. Once the vellum and acetate were attached to the layout it created the impression of a shaker box. The vellum and acetate were attached on top of the sequins with double sided tape which was strategically placed so that it would be hidden when I added embellishments.

I glued three Polaroid style photos to the right side of the layout using 3D foam underneath to give some dimension. Some punched border strips of yellow and pink cardstock were tucked under the sides of the photos.


I made tags from two of the 3x4 cut aparts on the Oh Summertime paper and attached these to the layout. Pink Bakers Twine and some punched border strips were also added to the tags.


I fussy cut flowers from the Summer Bouquet paper and summery images from the Hello Summer paper. These as well as various die cuts from the Simple Stories Oh Happy Day Ephemera Pack were used to embellish the layout. The colours in both collections work really well together. I also added a tiny 'Fun' sticker from a sheet of Bella Blvd Family Frenzy stickers to the front of the camera die cut. 

My layout was completed by adding the date and place on a word strip to the bottom of one of the photos.

Please do take a look in the shop at this gorgeous collection and you can also find lots of other summer themed goodies in the shop - just use the 'shop by theme' option.

Take Care.
Karen x x


2 comments:

Anita said...

Absolutely beautiful work Karen, so many lovely bits to see here.....and that sunburst if so effective xx

Karen said...

Thank you Anita x x