Monday 5 August 2019

Papermaze July Kit - Part 2

Hello, Lynn here with the second set of layouts made with the July Kit. This romantic kit is a very pretty collection of papers and embellishments which is currently available in the Papermaze Shop


Here is a reminder of what comes in the kit:



Patterned papers:
Stamperia - Spring Botanic collection - Poppy & Herbarium (Featured by Anita back in June)
Graphic 45 - Love Notes collection - Floral Symphony & Lovely Lyrics
Graphic 45 - Bloom collection - Plant Happiness
Carta Bella -Botanical Garden - Poppy Petals

Bazzill cardstock - Guacamole & Walnut Cream


reverse side of papers

Embellishments:
2 Graphic 45 Journalling cards, 2 Heidi Swapp Acetate words, strip of gems, 2 chalkboard label stickers, 12" washi tape, Tim Holts Quote Token, 18" Red jute twine, 12" ribbon, 3 red flowers, chipboard exclusive to Papermaze.



Extra Bazzill Pack - Maraschino, Coral Cream, Aloe Vera & Black Prismatic

Timeless - For this layout I used this black and white version of a photo of my great niece and nephew playing for their dad on his birthday.


Starting with the
Black Prismatic Bazzill I dripped some Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Red Firefly over the cardstock to leave red and gold flecks on the black background.

To make the vertical strips (left to right), I used the lacy ribbon from the kit, a 28cm x 4cm strip of Poppy Petals (red dot side), 29cm x 4cm strip of Love notes (black patterned side - ensuring I cut this from an area where the images from the other side were not required). Next another strip of Poppy Petals (28cm x 4cm) this time with the floral side uppermost. I then used the Washi tape from the kit.

The photo was then placed in the centre of the page and I cut images and quotes from the Music Notes paper and tucked some under the photo to the left. I mounted a quote with 3D foam pads near the top right of the photo.

I used one of the Heidi Swapp Acetate words to add to the photo as my title. I wrote my journalling onto the two chalkboard labels using a white Prismacolour pencil. 

I added the black gems from the kit to the lacy ribbon strip. Finally I used pieces of a pearl swirl in various places on the layout.

When Elaine Met Boris - Just as I was considering what to create with this kit my sister-in-law was surprised to meet Boris Johnson when he visited Polhill, where she works in the plant nursery. The botanical papers were ideal for this. 




For this layout I used the frame I gutted from the Aloe Vera Bazzill last time. I mounted my photo onto the scrap of
Guacamole Bazzill left over from earlier layouts. I used the pair of Stamperia Spring Botanic papers for this page. They are beautiful and I wanted to use some features from both sides of each of them!

I trimmed around the quilted side of Herbarium paper by tearing around the edges. Then with the sheet called Poppy I cut the pieces I wanted to feature as layers around my photo, and carefully cut out any images that I wanted to use that would be lost under the photo. Once I was happy with where these papers would sit, I took a photo with my mobile and drew a light pencil mark on the Herbarium paper around the edges of the layers. Then I cut well inside these lines with a craft knife, freeing up images from the reverse side of the Herbarium paper to add to my layout.

Once all these images, layers and photo were arranged where I wanted them, I prepared some other elements. I used a Dusty Attic Small Picket Fence painted with Distress Paints to add to the base of the photo. I die cut a bicycle with a Memory Box Die from gold metallic card. I added some tiny blossoms cut from the papers to the hubs, and the two small paper roses from the kit to sit in the basket. Some of the cut flower images were added over the fence and a little of the red jute twine was tucked in a loop to the right of the fence.

I made journalling blocks from two pieces cut from the papers, adding these below the photo. Then with a third piece framed with the exclusive chipboard piece, I added the date and stuck it to the top right of the layout.

My title was created with some old letter stickers from my stash. Finally I used a few of the black gems left over from the first layout. 


That's all for the July kit. I will be back mid August with the next kit.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

More lovely work Lynn, loving all the layering xx

Karen said...

Lovely layouts Lynn. x x