Monday 19 August 2019

August Papermaze Kit

Hello, Lynn here today with the bright and colourful August kit. This kit contains a rainbow of papers and embellishments.

Here are my first two layouts:


Before making the layouts here is what you will find in the kit:



Patterned Papers:
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Happiness collection - Botanical Bliss & Good Vibes
Jillibean Soup - Rainbow Roux collection - Bite Size Bits & Pinch of Colour
Kaisercraft - Morning Dew collection - Rejuvinate
Pink Paislee - Paige Evans Horizon collection - #3 (featured by Karen C back in May)
Bazzill cardstock:
Rain & White
Reverse side of papers
 

Embellishments:
Set of chipboard frames, doily, Heidi Swapp glitter word, 3 chipboard banners, 3 Studio Calico wooden stars, strip of rainbow heart stickers, 2 acrylic hearts, pink acrylic butterfly, rainbow sticker.



A pack of matching extra Bazzill is also available and contains a sheet each of four colours:
Breaker Bay, Desert Sun, Piglet and Grenadine

First Summer At The Hollies is my first layout this month. It shows a selection of photos of the plants we grew in the garden during our first summer living in our new home.




I have seen many layouts created with this amazing paper (Pink Paislee - Paige Evans Horizon #3) over the last few months, including our own DT member Karen C.  So I was really pleased to see it included in this month's kit.

The first step was to do all the cutting - so with the sheet of Horizon #3 - I gutted the paper to leave a frame of 2.5cm, then from the remaining piece I gutted again to leave another smaller frame of 2.5cm. This left a square of approximately 20.5cm for the centre of the layout.

With the Breaker Bay Bazzill cardstock - I trimmed this to measure 28cm x 28cm, then I gutted it make a frame of 2.5cm. The remaining piece was then gutted to make another frame of 2.5cm.

I machine stitched around the edges of the two paper frames, the two Bazzill frames and the paper square with white thread. I then inked all the edges with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.

The layout was then built up, by layering the papers and card on top of one another.

I took nine small photos and after mounting them onto white card they each measured about 6cm x 6cm. These were arranged and stuck onto the page.

For my title I used some foam American Craft Thickers.

Happy - This layout shows a photo of my daughter on the Millennium Bridge, with her new umbrella on her birthday back in 2013.



For this layout I started by applying a coat of Gesso to a sheet of white cardstock. Once this was dry I used a blending tool and Distress Oxide Inks to apply horizontal bands of colour. I used Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet and I blended these colours where they met. I lightly sprayed some water and added a few drips too, then allowed the ink to run.
I flicked a little Black Marble Dylusions Ink onto the cardstock, and left it to dry.

Meanwhile I used my Cricut and the Edge to Edge 2 cartridge to cut the image 24cm x 24cm from the patterned paper -
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Happiness - Good Vibes. I kept all the little petal shapes that are left over from this cut for use later. This was then stuck down onto the inked cardstock.

I cut three tags from the paper -
Jillibean Soup - Rainbow Roux collection - Bite Size Bits. I used one tag for my journalling and added some orange Baker's Twine through a small hole I punched into the top. The tags, the photos and the Heidi Swapp glitter word were arranged onto the page.

I used the petal shapes left over from the Cricut cut to make flowers, I used eight petals per flower and mounted them onto the other diamond shaped waste pieces. These were all inked with Distress Oxide inks, and mounted onto the layout with 3D foam pads. I punched some leaf fronds from the
Breaker Bay Bazzill left over from the first layout. For this I used a Martha Stewart Punch. I added a selection of flat-backed pearls and gems to the flower centres.

Finally I used the tiny rainbow heart stickers to scatter across the layout.



Thanks for looking, back soon with more from the August kit.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

WOW!!!! What a vibrant kit and such gorgeous pages to showcase it Lynn xx

Karen said...

Such colourful layouts Lynn and a wonderful kit. x x