Monday 2 September 2019

Pebbles 'Oh Summertime' - Oh happy day

Hello, Karen C here with another layout using the Oh Summertime collection from Pebbles.


I started with a 12x12 sheet of white Bazzill cardstock and decided to create a grid type layout using a photo of my daughter taken many years ago and various pieces of paper, chipboard and die cuts. Some elements were raised on foam to give some dimension.



I double matted my photo on a piece of the Bee Happy paper and black Bazzill cardstock and placed this on my layout. I also cut a 3x4 card from the Oh Summertime cut apart sheet and after matting this with black cardstock, I placed this to the left of the photo. 


A couple of chipboard frames from the Pinkfresh Studio Everyday Musings collection were added. Inside one frame I stuck a small orange heart die cut from the Simple Stories Oh Happy Day Bits and Pieces.


Another chipboard frame was used to frame one of the cards from the Hello Summer 2x2 cut apart sheet.


Another 2x2 card was matted with black cardstock and a small heart clip from Doodlebug was attached to the top edge.


In the bottom left corner of the grid I placed a piece of the Ball Toss paper which I used for my journalling. A paper frame was layered on top and more of the Simple Stories Oh Happy Days die cuts were used to embelish it. Enamel dots in matching colours were also added. Another piece of the Ball Toss paper was also matted onto black cardstock and put to the right side of the grid

  
I spelled out the word EXPLORE in some black chipboard Thickers from my stash and placed this on the right side of the grid as well as a narrow strip of blue cardstock to fill in a gap.

My layout was completed with black doodling and some blue photo corners.

This is a really simple layout using the Pebble collection and also bits and bobs from Simple Stories, Pinkfresh Studio and other manufacturers which co-ordinate with the collection. Its good to mix and match collections and I hope you'll have a go yourself.

Take Care
Karen x x


2 comments:

Anita said...

Such a cute page karen....loving the matching stripey t-shirt xx

Karen said...

Thank you Anita x x