Friday 25 October 2019

Living on the Edge........ Ciao Bella


Hi There

It's Anita here with you today and I have a layout to share using the last of my Ciao Bella Sound of Autumn papers.
I have had an absolute blast with this page and I have let loose with everything grungy, inky, sparkly and sticky! And to top it all the photos are not even loved ones of my family or friends....oh no....it's just a lowly little snail who was minding his own business in our back garden!!



I only used 2 sheets of paper for this page, for the backing sheet I used the reverse side of a sheet of  'All at Once Summer Collapsed into Fall'
And for the front page I used the reverse side of a sheet of 'The Sound Of Autumn' 
I cut a random and uneven wavy edge all the way round the outside edge of the sheet and used a Distress Stain in Brushed Corduroy that I dragged all around the edges of the paper.


I also used it to dab large random splats across the page and then let loose with various Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists using Olive Vine, Coffee Shop and Walnut Gold. 
    I sprayed them randomly and also into small puddles, then I tipped the paper to create drizzles down the page.



In my DT kit there was a Creative Expressions Mini Stencil, it was the Shabby Harlequin design and I used this combined with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam ink in Expresso Bean that I dabbed through the stencil using some sponge.




I also sprinkled lots of Gold UTEE in patches and heated from underneath to melt it.
After matting the 2 photos on cardstock I used gilding flakes around the edge and also in patches on some blossoms to make them co-ordinate.








I cut the title using the Big Shot and some Sizzlets in mixed fonts and then after sticking them on the layout I decided to use Ranger Stickles in Unicorn over the top of them.....it reminded me of the sparkly snail trails you see after they have climbed a wall!!



I added a metal buckle, some lace and a small wooden pennant.


And finished the whole page with a generous splattering of crystals, Dew Drops and blobs of Distress Stickles and Liquid Pearls in various colours.




I have really enjoyed getting messy with this page....and even though the photos were not of anything special or meaningful I very much appreciated the creative process involved. Sometimes its just nice to let loose a little.

Wishing you a super scrappy happy weekend!
Warmest wishes
Anita xx

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love this layout Anita. So grungy and inky and I bet it looks even better IRL. x x