Wednesday 5 February 2020

You Have What It Takes! ...Prima - Apricot Honey

Hello again!

Anita here and I have been playing with the most delicious collection yet from Prima. This is Apricot Honey... This feminine, elegant and romantic collection is full of blossoms, butterflies and beautiful copper foil highlights. Alongside all of the beautiful papers there are several blossom sets, chipboard elements, wood embellishments and stickers to compliment them....just beautiful! You can see the whole collection HERE.

I loved this photograph of our youngest daughter...I have it in colour and also black and white...either one worked on the page, however I found the B&W one just seemed to sit better and I felt was more striking.


The layout was based on a sheet of white cardstock. I decided I needed to messy this up, so had a rummage in my craft room and picked out some shimmer sprays and also some fine copper embossing powder .
I started to spray in various areas and when it pooled I tipped the layout to create runs down the page.
I also added some piles of copper embossong powder and heated from underneath the layout. This allowed it to slowly melt and form a thick puddle, which again I then tipped up and also had to blow quickly to create some runs. I love the effect this gives when its dry....its super shiny and still looks wet!



 I tore a large section from a sheet of  Apricot Honey and inked the edges with Black Lightning ink pad and stuck it across the layout, nearer to the top end.



Then I set about cutting lots of bit and pieces out from the sheets of  Happiness Looks Good On You and Deep Love and I started tucking it in here and there and layering it.




 I have some gorgeous chipboard stickers from the range and so I chose a few that I liked the best and added them to the page. They are such super quality and are finished so well ,with a variety of shapes and sayings...they really do give the perfect finishing touch to a project. You can see them here


 I also added some lasercut chipboard elements. Often when I use these I either paint them or use embossing powders on them...however, for this layout I decided to leave them plain. There is a large selection of lasercut chippies in the shop and you can find them HERE  HERE and also HERE
I popped on a chiffon flower to finish the page and that's it!


Prima have some really gorgeous collections that are really worth having a  look at. You can see them in the shop HERE

I have had great fun making this page, getting inky and melting the embossing powder. I think I shall have to do some more experimenting with it!
Thanks for looking and happy craftting to you!

Warmest Wishes
Anita
 xxx

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is so pretty. Love it. x x

Anita said...

Thank you Karen, I really enjoyed making it xx

Lynn said...

This is great Anita, inspired to get the embossing powders out and have a play. x

Unknown said...

Did you know there's a 12 word phrase you can communicate to your crush... that will trigger deep emotions of love and impulsive appeal for you buried inside his chest?

Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, idolize and protect you with all his heart...

=====> 12 Words Will Fuel A Man's Desire Response

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will drive him to try better than before to take care of you.

Matter-of-fact, fueling this influential impulse is so important to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You will instantly notice him open his soul and heart for you in a way he's never experienced before and he'll distinguish you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly understood him.