Friday 7 February 2020

Papermaze January Kit - Part 2

Hello, Lynn here today with the second pair of layouts made with the first Monthly Papermaze Kit for the year 2020. This delightful kit has some beautiful soft natural colours and contains six double-sided papers, two sheets of Bazzill and a bag of gorgeous embellishments to compliment them. There is also a pack of four extra sheets of Bazzill available, picked to go with the kit at a discounted price. 


 Here is a reminder of what is in January's kit:



Patterned Paper

Carta Bella - Home Again collection - Leaves, Magnolias, and Tags
Kaisercraft - Ladylike collection - Jessica
Simple Stories - Winter Farmhouse collection - Falling Snow
Photoplay - For the Love of Winter collection - Through the Woods
Bazzill Basics - Natural & Lagoon

Extra Bazzill Pack - Honeycomb, Stonehenge, Aqua and Birchtone Dark

Embellishments - 2"x 12" corrugated card, 2 mini frames, 2 decorative pins, 18" brown mesh, Sn@p! Studio Alpha Stickers, acetate, strip of pearls, 3 wooden hearts, 2 bark butterflies, 3 white paper blossoms, 2 aqua paper roses, 2 tags

Washington Monument
- this layout shows Catherine and me by the Washington Monument, or first stop on a cold, sunny December day spent exploring the amazing memorials in Washington DC.



The basis for this layout is the sheet of Natural Bazzill. I used a selection of Layering stencils (Arrows, Rays and Traveller), and Distress Inks to create a background on the Bazzill, then I diluted some Distress Ink with water on my craft mat and flicked this over the card from a paint brush. I inked around the edges of the Bazzill.


I cut some layers from the scraps of paper left over from the previous layouts. I used 'Falling Snow' and 'Through the Woods'. I mounted the large photo onto the 'Through the Woods' paper. The smaller photo was placed at an angle through one of the mini frames, and placed to the left of the larger photo. 


From the wooden side of the 'Through the Woods' paper I made two paper rosettes using the Sizzix Thinlits die set. I made a tag with a scrap of Bazzill and added my journalling.

The title was cut from Bazzill with a Die-Namics Alphabet die set.

To embellish I used one of the wooden hearts from the kit, filling the hole with some Nuvo Crystal Drops (Emerald City).


Finally I scattered some Card Candi and bronze nail heads over the page.


Explore -  For the final layout I found this photo of our young cat exploring the tree was perfect for this Carta Bella 'Magnolias' paper. 


Starting off with the Lagoon Bazzill I gutted before, I glued this to a scrap piece of 12" x 12" paper to make a base for the page. Then I trimmed the 'Magnolias' paper to 11" x 11" distressing and inking the edges, I made some tears in places. I folded this paper over at the top corners and placed it over the Bazzill frame. I added a couple of pieces of frayed linen under under the Bazzill too. I placed the remainder of the mesh across the Jessica paper.


I trimmed and inked the corrugated card strip to fit the paper and laid it in place running down the right side of the paper.  I cut and distressed the Honeycomb Bazzill to 8.5" x 8.5". Over this I attached a piece of 'Jessica' paper (lacy side) trimmed to 8" x 8", distressed and inked (I also folded down the top right corner of this paper). I cut a piece of doily from the paper and tucked this under the Honeycomb Bazzill. I placed the acrylic doily and a couple of pieces of frayed linen under the the Bazzill. I placed the remainder of the mesh across the Jessica paper. 


From the green side of the 'Jessica' paper I tore some pieces to tuck under the folded areas and some of the torn places. I mounted my photo onto a scrap of 'Into the Woods' paper and some Birchtone Dark Bazzill. Once all the paper, card and photo were stuck in place I started embellishing the layout. I inked the two little tags from the kit, removing the string supplied, I replaced it with brown jute twine, which I tied into a small bow. The tags were tucked under the folded corners.

I used the paper flowers from the kit and added a few more adding the pearls, butterfly pins and wooden hearts to embellish the page.

Finally I made a title using Sizzix Thinlits Shadow Script #3 set and Bazzill scraps.


That's all for the January kit, back soon with the February kit.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the striking colour combo. Great layouts once again Lynn and what great kits! xx

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is waiting -

Plus, getting it set up is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

It's super easy how it works...

STEP 1. Tell the system what affiliate products you want to push
STEP 2. Add some PUSH button traffic (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system explode your list and up-sell your affiliate products for you!

Are you ready to make money ONLINE??

Check it out here