Friday 19 June 2020

June Papermaze Kit

Hello, It's Lynn here today with another new kit from Papermaze - The bright, sunny June Kit is now available from the shop.

Here is the first pair of pages I have created:


Before we look at how these layouts were made, here is a look at what is in the £10 kit:



Vicki Boutin - Let's Wander - Chasing Stars and Around Here
Amy Tangerine - Picnic in the Park - Aloha Leilani

Cocoa Vanilla Studios - Legendary - Wild One
Heidi Swapp - Art Walk - Sea to Sky
Pebbles - Sun & Fun - Make A Wish

Bazzill Cardstock - White and Rain

Here is what the flip side of the papers look like:




The embellishments included in the kit:



2 doilies, Creative Expressions star stencil, 5 Dusty Attic chipboard stars, 50cm Bakers Twine, Kaisercraft wooden Flourish Frame, 1 MAMBI puffy arrow, 1 Pinkfresh tag, washi tape words, 3 heart sprinkles

In addition there is a colour matched pack of Bazzill available for £1.75.


Hillary, Stonewash, Red Rock and Candle Glow Medium.

The Secret Garden - The girls were in their dance school's show - Dance Fiction,
they did a ballet dance to The Secret Garden. The photo shows them off stage during the rehearsal.


For this page I used the stunning Aloha Leilani rainbow paper and the Stonewash Bazzill cardstock. I cut both of these in half so they were 6" wide by 12" high. I pasted them side by side onto a scrap sheet of 12" x 12" paper.

With some scrap white card I cut a strip and decorated it with a Martha Stewart border punch and placed this on the join. I lightly pencil sketched the lines of the rainbow onto the cardstock, to guide the placement of my embellishments. I placed the photo into position.

I created the title and other wording, and decorated both sides of the rainbow. I used the second side of the rainbow paper to cut letters and shapes using dies and punches. I went through my stash and used a selection of image and letter stickers, flowers, gems, pearls, twine and Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Once complete I erased the pencil lines.


The Rink - This photo shows my daughter (DSM) and colleagues - Cast and Crew of the show The Rink, at the Southwark Playhouse in London during May 2018.



For this layout I used the
Vicki Boutin - Let's Wander - Chasing Stars paper and the Candle Glow Medium Bazzill Cardstock.

I gutted the patterned paper to create a frame measuring 2.5cm deep, and the Bazzill to 5 cm deep. I distressed and inked the inside of the patterned paper frame and the edges of the square cut from the centre. 


With a sheet of scrap 12" x 12" paper, I placed the Bazzil frame down first and the Chasing Stars paper frame (stars side up), layered on top. Then I gutted a piece from the remainder of the paper where my photo will sit, so I could use some of the stars. I then placed the paper dotty side up into the centre, this will leave some of the Bazzill showing between the two pieces of paper. I stuck the photo in place.

I used the stencil from the kit to create a strip of stars across the layout. I used Festive Berries, Fossilized Amber and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Inks. I overlapped the inks to create graduated colour. 

I cut the stars from the paper gutted earlier, these were inked and placed around the photo, some with 3D foam tape.

I placed the Pinkfresh Studios tag in place and created a journalling block to go inside using some scrap white card. I placed a scrap of ribbon through the slot in the top of the tag. 


Using my Cricut I cut a pair of roller skates and the work 'RINK' using more of the Candle Glow Bazzill, together with some gold glittery, black and white cardstock. I used letter stickers from my stash for the word 'THE'.

I die cut the date from scraps of the rainbow paper from the previous layout. Finally I added a scattering of rainbow stars over the stencilled stars. 


That's all for today, I will return with more from this kit in two weeks. 
Thanks for looking.
Lynn  

No comments: