Monday 1 June 2020

Simple Stories Simple Vintage Garden District - Banner Stickers

Hello, it's Karen C here again with another layout using the Simple Vintage Garden District Collection from Simple Stories.


I started (as I often do!) with a sheet of white cardstock which I trimmed to 11.75" x 11.75" before placing in the centre of a gutted sheet of teal coloured cardstock. Using white thread I zig-zag stitched round the edges of the cardstock on my sewing machine.


I took four of the banner stickers from the sheet of banner stickers and stuck these horizontally across the page. By carefully positioning my two photos, which I had matted with the teal cardstock, on top of the banners I was able to hide the gap where two of the banner stickers didn't meet. I added staples to the ends of the banners.


I cut some butterflies from left over pieces of the 3x4 elements paper and  used these to embelish the banners and photos. Only the bodies of the butterflies were glued to allow the wings to be folded upwards for dimension.


Some Prima flowers, sequins, heart stickers and punched paper hearts were added as finishing touches.

This is another very simple layout but with such pretty supplies you don't need much to make a great layout.

Take Care everyone. I'll be back soon.
Karen x x


1 comment:

Anita said...

Such a pretty page Karen. I love those hanging lines...and as always, how Lara's clothes perfectly matches the papers xx