Friday 13 November 2020

Good For The Sole - Simple Stories - Cozy Days Collection

Hello, Rebecca here with you today sharing another layout using the Cozy Days Collection by Simple Stories. I'm really enjoying working with this collection because it's full of autumnal goodness! 

I wanted to use a cutfile on this layout to act as my title, and I cut it from a sheet of 'Stonehenge' Bazzill Cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack. I backed the individual letters of the cutfile with the 'B' sides of both the 'Sweaters and Boots' and 'Happy Falliday' patterned papers. I love how these papers look next to each other, and they go really well with the stoney-coloured cardstock of the cutfile. Next I selected the floral 'B' side of the '2 x 2 Elements' patterned paper and used this to back the walking boots in the cutfile.

I knew I wanted my cutfile title to sit to the right of my layout, with my two photos to the left of it. I marked out roughly where they would all sit on my background cardstock and then set about creating a mixed media background. 

I kept my mixed media quite simple - I used a brown watercolour pen and added the colour to a scrap of bubble wrap and then pressed it down onto my background to create an impression. This reminded me of mud splatters - and there were a lot of these the day these photos were taken! I finished my background with some paint splatters using the same watercolour pen, and also two cosmic shimmer watercolour paints, which have a beautiful iridescent shimmer.

I matted both of my photos first onto white cardstock, and then matted one with the 'Sweaters and Boots' patterned paper and the other with the 'Happy Falliday' paper to bring the blue and yellow tones over to the left hand side of the layout. I raised my cutfile and both photos up using craft foam to add dimension to the layout.

To embellish my layout, I fussy-cut a number of leaves from the 'Harvest Wishes' patterned paper. This paper is amazing and will go a long way as it is full of beautiful leaves in various Autumnal colours. I also selected a number of elements from the Journal Bits & Pieces pack. I used the larger elements to create some layers above my photos and cutfile, and distressed all the edges with my scissors. I've added a couple of the tiny word ephemera pieces on top of my cutfile to bring some additional colour to the title.


I also fussy-cut a couple of the adorable woodland creatures from the 'Comfy Cozy' patterned paper and added them to the layout with some leaf clusters around them. 


As a last minute decision, I created a small cluster in the top right hand corner of my layout. I used one of the tags from the 'Tags' patterned paper and 'hung' it upside down. I also used a couple of elements from the Journal Bits & Pieces. I initially added some thick gardeners twine through the two tags on the layout, but decided it was too bulky and so I replaced it with some brown embroidery thread, which I think works so much better with the colours on the page.


I finished my layout with some gold paint splatters and Nuvo Glitter Drops in 'Golden Sunset', and my very final step was to add some torn washi tape to the top and bottom of my layout.


If you'd like to watch the layout come together and see the step-by-step process, I have a process video on my YouTube channel here

Thank you for reading, I hope you've enjoyed this layout. The Cozy Days collection is already available in the shop for purchase so head over to take a look!

See you later in the month with more Autumnal goodness!

Take care,

Rebecca x




2 comments:

Anita said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tebecca, so many lovely elements to look at. Just beautiful xx

Lynn said...

Love this Rebecca, may need to play with that cut file too. x