Friday 7 May 2021

Carta Bella Our Travel Adventure - An Amazing Adventure

Hello, Karen C here today with my first layout using the new Our Travel Adventure collection from Carta Bella. This primary coloured collection is all about airplanes, tickets, passports, maps and more. It would be perfect for scrapbooking an amazing trip to some far flung place but would equally be great for layouts about trips to air museums, air shows, children playing with toy planes and lots more.

In 2017 my daughter won a competition at school and her prize was a flight in a vintage airplane. It was an amazing experience for her and when I saw the papers in this collection I knew they would be prefect to create a layout of that day. 

I started by trimming a quarter of an inch from each side of a sheet of the Away We Go paper and then matted this onto a piece of yellow Bazzill cardstock. Using black thread I machine stitched round the edge.

Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut the 'Adventure' title cut file by Paige Evans from smooth white cardstock and backed this with scraps of yellow, red and navy blue cardstock. Using the Offset Tool in the Silhouette Studio I cut a slightly larger mat for the title from black cardstock and stuck both to the centre of the layout with 3D foam underneath to add some dimension.

I managed to squeeze five 3x4 photos onto the layout. These were matted onto black cardstock and placed round the outside of the cut file with more 3D foam underneath.

The title was completed with the addition of letters cut from red fun foam.

The sheet of chipboard accents were perfect for embellishing the layout. I added an airplane and banner at the bottom of the layout....


 ..... a camera to the left ....

.... and an arrow on one of the photos to pinpoint the plane in the sky.

I found a few wood veneer airplanes in my stash and used these to embellish the title. 

Finally I typed my journalling onto some white paper, cut it into strips and attached these to the left of the layout, staggering them to give extra interest.

Don't be put off by very themed collections. Think out of the box about how you could use them. They can be very versatile and the papers often have great non-themed B sides. 

I'll be back soon with another layout using Our Travel Adventure and until then Take Care.

Karen x x


No comments: