Friday 19 November 2021

Echo Park - Fall - Grateful for this Day

Hi everyone,

Claire aka @scrappysoulmate back with you today sharing my second layout using Echo Parks Fall collection. You can find it in the shop here.


For this layout I opted for mixed media, creating this stencilled background by brushing Distress Oxides across my page and layering more colour on top through a stencil to create a patterned background.

I printed my photo at 3"x4" and double matted it using the b side of the 3x4 Journaling Cards paper to show that beautiful blue gingham pattern, and a piece of brown Bazzill Cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack


I distressed the edges and layered onto foam for extra dimension.

Next, I opted for a cutfile from Peartree Cutfiles of some large pumpkins that were the perfect compliment to this collection and my pumpkin picture.

I backed the file in alternating colours of red and orange, using the Family Farm Floral, Patch Plaid and Whisking Leaves papers.


For the brown and yellow paper, I used the Matchmaker Pack and added extra texture in Nuvo Drops in Yellow Brick Road.

I embellished the page with pumpkins, leaves and a truck from the Element Stickers.



As a little extra detail, I fussy cut some tiny leaves from the Whisking Leaves paper, scattering them across the page to create a windblown look. Really love the feel this gives the page.


For my title, I fussy cut one of the phrases from the Journaling Cards saying "I will be grateful for this day" - a phrase which really spoke to me.


As a finishing touch, I added a sticker from the Element Sticker sheet and added a few splashes of gold ink.


This has been a fun collection to create with and is so perfect for all your pumpkin picking and fall layouts.

I hope I have inspired you to document your memories of the season and look forward to sharing more projects with you soon.

Claire x


No comments: