Wednesday 10 November 2021

Pumpkin Harvest - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Country Harvest Collection

Hello, Rebecca with you today sharing my first layout for November. I'm really excited to be working with the Simple Vintage Country Harvest collection from Simple Stories this month. It's a stunning collection full of Autumnal elements. You can find the collection in the shop here.



I'd seen a few layouts recently on social media where people had folded over patterned papers and I really wanted to give it a go. I love to have lots of dimension on my layouts and this was the perfect way to achieve that, whilst getting lots of the beautiful patterned papers onto one page.

I selected several papers from the collection including (from Left to Right on the layout) Autumn Glory (A Side)Autumn Glory (B Side)Journal Elements (B Side)Changing Seasons (A Side)Just Thankful (B Side)Happy Harvest (B Side)Give Thanks (A Side) and Journal Elements (B Side). I cut the papers in strips of varying widths and lengths and then folded them back on themselves. 



I arranged the strips diagonally across the top half of the page, with the tops at varying heights so that they weren't so uniform. I then machine-stitched across the top of them all using black thread.



I wanted something to balance the page so I selected some elements from the Bits & Pieces and Harvest Bits & Pieces packs and built a small cluster on the bottom right of my page. 



I added a layer of the Journal Elements (B Side) paper behind my photo and secured this on top of my folded paper banners. I added a couple of tags/tickets from the Bits & Pieces pack and added them along the top and stitched them in place. My title was selected from the Foam Stickers and added along the top of the banners, above my photo. I added to this using some alphabet stickers from my stash.



I decided I wanted to add a little mixed media to my background, so I selected a Distress Ink Pad in 'Peacock Feathers' and added it under the banners and cluster using a blending brush.



To embellish further, I added some stickers from the Combo Stickers - a ticket to the cluster in the bottom right corner, and a phrase sticker to the left of my photo.  I added a few more pumpkins along with the stickers and then also some hearts from the Foam Stickers. 



I trimmed the white cardstock down slightly and added a border around the edge of the layout using the Changing Seasons patterned paper. I really like the way this adds a dark frame to the layout.


I finished the layout with some sequins and white splatters. 


I hope you've enjoyed this layout. I really enjoyed making it and I am loving working with this stunning collection. If you'd like to watch the layout come together, there is a process video up on my YouTube channel here.


I'll be back later in the month with another Country Harvest layout.


Until then, take care.


Rebecca x



No comments: