Monday 5 September 2022

Mintay Papers Lavender Farm - Dream in Shades of Purple

Hello, Karen here today with a final layout to share using the beautiful Lavender Farm collection from Mintay Papers. My layout today was inspired by paper #5. The pattern on paper #5 reminded me of some of the Anna Griffin papers I used to scrapbook with when I first started scrapbooking, so I decided to create a layout heavily influenced by Anna's timeless style.

I trimmed half an inch off of two edges of paper #5 and stuck this to the centre of a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock.

I then used a very old Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Eyelet Lace border punch to punch around the edge of a 10.25" square sheet of white cardstock. I have a love/hate relationship with this punch. It is so difficult to perfectly punch all the way round the edge of the paper square. One mis-alignment and its spoiled. I persevered though and the punched square was then stuck to the centre of the layout and on top of this I placed a 9" square piece of paper #2.  

To add some interest I machine stitched with white thread round all the papers and roughed up the edges with my fingernails to add some dimension.

I then cut four 0.5" x 12" strips of paper from a second sheet pf paper #5 and put two on the right side of the layout and two near the bottom, machine stitched them and roughed up the edges.

Two white paper doilies were placed on the layout and on top of these two 3" x 4" photos (one black & white and one colour) which were double matted, were added.

Die cuts from the die cut pack were layered around the photos with 3D foam underneath some to give them different heights. 


Title letters were die cut from a scrap of purple card and placed beneath one of the photos.


Finally the layout was completed with a scattering of silver sequins.

I hope you like this layout and 'll be back soon with another layout to share.

Take Care, Karen  x x

No comments: