Friday 9 September 2022

P13 - Hit The Road - Into The Wild

Hi everyone,

Claire here with you today, and this month I will be using the Hit The Road collection from P13



This collection immediately caught my eye. It's jam packed with the beautiful papers you would expect from P13, but they've also released exciting additional products that will take your scrapbooking even further:

  • Four Decorative Tags sets
  • Ephemera Tickets
  • Die Cut Garlands
  • Ephemera Bits & Pieces
  • Three Sticker Sheets
  • Three Chipboard Sticker Sheets
  • Chipboard embellishments and more!

I wanted my layout to feature the beautiful papers, Ephemera Tickets, Ephemera Bits and Pieces and Ephemera Frames and Words.

Using a piece of Premium Kraft Cardstock as my base, I positioned the b side of Paper 3 on an angel, distressing the edges for texture. I trimmed off the overlapping edges and added white machine stitching.

I wanted to create a multi-photo layout, and Paper 4 provided the perfect opportunity to create a photo strip format. I worked out where the strips would sit, and brushed on some Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink to create a shadow and help them contrast against the green paper. I also added some splatters.

I printed four photographs, layering them onto blue Bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack. I positioned these on two strips of Paper 4, and created a second layer using the b side of the paper to show that pop of yellow.

I added a strip of burlap ribbon underneath to create that extra texture you find when out in the woods.


With the main design in place, I began embellishing. I absolutely adore the Ephemera Tickets and couldn't resist the opportunity to tuck some alongside my photo strip.



I also added a few more at the bottom, bringing out the blue tones of the collection.


Just above, I created another small cluster, made with the leaves and compass from the Ephemera Bits & Pieces Pack. The title is from the Ephemera frames and Words Pack.



On the opposite photo strip, I created another small cluster, using the backpack, leaves and signpost which were fussy cut from Paper 7.


Towards the top of the cluster, I used a beautiful blue tab from Chipboard Sticker Sheet #3 and added a small 'Explore' phrase from the Phrase and Words set.




As a final touch, I added some moss from my stash around the clusters to really bring home the feel of the forest, and that was the page complete!

I hope you find inspiration in the page and are as excited as I was to see all the extra bits now included in this P13 collection - it really was a joy to create with.

I'll be back in a few week with another project with Hit The Road.

See you soon.
Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate



No comments: