Saturday 23 September 2023

Faboolous - Simple Stories - Faboolous Collection

Hi everyone, it's Rebecca with you today and I'm not going to try and hide it... I get a little bit excited at this time of year! I absolutely love Halloween, and it's my favourite season (yes, to me Halloween is a season!) to scrap. I'm always drawn to collections which have traditional halloween colours - oranges and blacks, so the Faboolous collection from Simple Stories is right up my street. You can find the full collection in the shop here.


I began with a sheet of Premium White Cardstock and using a craft knife, cut some slashes into it, going diagonally across the page. With the blade of my scissors, I then distressed inside these slashes and folded the cardstock out giving the effect that a monster had slashed across my layout with it's claws. Using several patterned papers from the collection, I then back-filled these areas so that small amounts of patterned papers were showing through. 

Before even starting this layout, I knew I wanted to use the large 'Faboolous' title from the Page Pieces, and so I positioned it diagonally on my page so it was running parallel with my slashes. I raised my title up with foam pads to bring some dimension to the page.

My photo today is 3x4 inches and fitted really nicely tucked behind the end of my title. I adore this photo of my little boy - pulling a 'scared' face during a halloween photoshoot last year! With my photo in place, I then moved on to adding a few embellishments.



I've used some of the Bits & Pieces, arranging them either side of my photo, and introduced a few of the Cardstock Stickers too to build these clusters up. I felt like the layout was getting quite heavy over on the right hand side, so added a little cauldron and spider to the left to help balance everything out.
 

I finished off with a few bats stickers and star die cuts raised up on foam. I always like to finish my layouts off with a few small bits, and the bats and stars were perfect for this.


Thanks for reading! I hope you've enjoyed this layout. It's the first halloween layout I've made this autumn, but certainly won't be the last. Don't forget to check the collection out in the shop.

See you next time,

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft


1 comment:

Julie Pilch said...

LOVE this project Rebecca, the slits in the paper are so effective. I am going to try this on a project this Halloween!