Wednesday 6 September 2023

Simple Stories - Trail Mix - Outdoors Adventure

Hi there,

I hope you've had a fabulous Summer Holiday, despite summer being somewhat lacking here!

Autumn has definitely arrived and I'm loving it! It's my favourite time of year, and this month i'll be documenting it using the Trail Mix collection from Simple Stories which you can find in the shop here.


I was surprised how versatile this collection is. It combines earthy tones like I've used here, with brighter more vibrant colours which I'll use in my next post. That gives it great range for scrapping brighter Spring/Summer adventures with those more woodland walks through Autumn to Winter. I do love a collection that has multiple uses!

As usual, I reached for a base of White Premium Cardstock, and some Distress Oxide Inks in shades that reflect this warmer tone palette. I used:

I applied them using a gel printing plate, creating circular prints going vertically down the page.


Once I had these in place, I knew I wanted to create a circular design, pulling all the different circular elements from the collection to build clusters around my photograph.

I first cut a range of circles in different sizes using dies, but you could use punches or an electronic cutting machine like Cricut or Silhouette to achieve the same result. I used the blue and green sheets from the Matchmaker Pack, along with the 3x4 Elements and 2x2/4x4 Elements papers.

I stuck some of these flat, but raised most on foam, gathering them in 3 main spots to create anchors for each cluster.


To each cluster I added some ephemera from the Bits & Pieces pack, alongside some stickers from the Sticker Book.

The Ephemera pack includes these cute little bugs which make a great addition to the page and really help to give it that outdoorsy feel.


Just above my photo, I wanted to create a larger cluster, so fussy cut this big compass from the 2x2/4x4 Elements Paper which really helps to balance the page as it's offset against a larger photo. This also acts a a subtitle for the layout.


Again, you'll see I couldn't help but add another one of those cute bugs to bring the page to life!

My title is made from a large statement piece from the Page Pieces pack. I love these packs. They contain 15 staple die cuts including ephemera and journaling pieces, that give you everything you need to create a beautiful layout, and they're great value for money!

I added the 'adventure' from the Bits & Pieces Ephemera Pack to help bring a bit of the darker brown to the bottom of the page.


I also added a small cluster of trees using the Bits & Pieces and Sticker Book to help incorporate the title a bit more, and bring the it into the design.


With a few extra splatters of Distress Oxide, the page was complete!

This was a very quick and easy page to put together, and I can't wait to come back later this month with another layout from this beautiful collection.

There's still plenty of this collection in stock, so check it out here.


Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate


No comments: