Friday 1 June 2012

Art Parts

Art Parts are made from paper board surfaces which make them fantastic for altering.  They can be used in 3d form or flat as embellishments for other projects.

The set I had was the "Spool Set" which came with six circles in three sizes (2 of each), each one had a hole in the middle, 6 smaller circles (to seal the holes) and three tubes in different lengths.

Here is what I made with it:-


 For this piece I used one of each of the circles and the long tube also using one of the smaller circles as a base for the pins.

I started by staining the bases with distress stains, then stamped these with a union jack rubber stamp, adding hi-lights with a white pen, these were then set aside.  The tube was stained with blue distress stain and then I placed a crown on my craft sheet, inked it with gold ink and rolled the tube along the stamp, this gave a lovely regal look.  I then adhered the large and small circles together, slotted the tube into the middle and then carefully added the medium circle to the other end of the tube.  These fitted in quite tight so didn't need any glue to keep them in place.

I love the new Pink Paislee range  "London Market" so, I used elements from the "Ephemera" pack as my main theme, the union jacks were placed onto a couple of ideology memo pins and adhered to the smaller round circle (this gave the pins a base and stopped the project leaning)  a red rose was made by colouring a sheet of white paper with distress ink and die cutting some tattered florals and making into the rose, a Tim Holtz grungepaper bird (from the birdcage and bird set) coloured using distress inks, a Keep Calm saying, some red, white and blue beads, a crown rub on, and some of the gorgeous prima bling, finished it all off.

There is still enough product for more pieces.

Check out the shop for all the product used and also see the fab range of Art Parts...we'd love to see what you come up with.

Carol

2 comments:

hotpotato said...

I like this Carol

Janet said...

Love how you have done this Carol
Janet x