Monday 25 June 2012

Working with the June Kit...

Today I am here to show you another page I created with the June kit which is on sale on the website now.
Although the kit is full of pastels, butterflies and 'pretty' things, I wanted to show how you can still use these pieces to make a page perfect for a boy...

 I used the Copplestone Bazzil as my base, and cut and punched scraps from the yellow and green papers in the kit.

 The Doilies i covered in ink and embossed them with the powder supplied to give them a metallic/blue look.


The acetate postmarks were perfect for the theme, and even the wooden flowers cut in half  were not too feminine to put on the page.

With whatever papers you are using, you can keep the style of your page quite masculine by keeping it bold and sticking to simple shapes like squares and circles.

I hope you like this page created with the June Kit...check back in a few days for another!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous page ... surprisingly boyish even with the use of flowers, etc., proving your point perfectly :) Elizabeth