Friday 29 June 2012

Dylusions ink sprays

Hi its Carol here....have you seen the new fab products that have recently arrived in the shop? Amongst them is a product that I absolutely adore.  I'm all for getting messy and these dylusions ink sprays are all about creating fabulous pieces and getting slightly messy!! (ok, if you're like me very messy)

The inks come in a wide range of colours with totally gorgeous names! like crushed grape and london blue to name a couple.  These inks were previously marketed under a different name hence I have quite a few but these won't tie into the newly named sprays!  These sprays are non toxic and acid free and will give you loads of possiblilies and hours of fun...

One word of warning!!!!!!!!!!! these inks stain! they will stain your worksurface, your clothes your fingers...now if you're like me my attitudie is it eventually washes off my hands, but, wear gloves if you like to protect your digits! also protect your work area - and move anything you don't want splattered...

With that out of the way lets play..............

 Here I have my craft mat covered with a sheet of copier paper, a tag and dylusions sprays in London Blue and crushed grape also a ranger mister...

 Here you can see I've sprayed the tag with the colours keeping them seperate whilst spritzing and then lifting to let them run together (I've also added a yellow/orange toned spray)

 see how the colours are all running together - dry with a heat gun, keeping the gun moving all the time to spread the heat....spray and then dry again.....you can vary the concentrated colour by how many spritizes and drys you do...

 see what I mean about overspray??


 These inks react with water, so spritz the tag with the water mister - here I've also sprayed the ink in concentrated areas to give a "splodge" effect


As I mentioned these inks react with water, so spritz thro' a stencil, there are loads of stencils in the dylsuions range and are here....remember what I said in a previous post about distress inks?....use your distress ink to finish off the edges of the tag...also, add further colourby  using contrasting distress inks if there are any areas that have been missed...
 see the effect the water has had thro' the stencil

These tags were all made really quickly, by spritzing the inks and adding stencils with paint or distress inks sponged thro', doodling, splats.....the main thing is to play - mix colours and add different elements....

Next I'll show you a finished tag with embellishments made using your oversprays....

For loads of inspiration pop along to the Ranger blog and see some other ways of using the inks and stencils

No comments: