Wednesday 15 July 2015

Introducing the Fuse...

 Hi its Julie here to show you a different use for the new fabulous We Are Memory Keepers Fuse tool, which has just arrived in the shop and can be found here!  I have seen several Project Life users show how you can utilize the Fuse tool to make your own individual sized Project Life pockets for embellishments or for  different sized memorabilia but I thought I would take the Fuse tool one step further.  I have made my own clear embellishments that I feel you can use on layouts, cards, gift cards the list is endless!  

To start with you need a die cutting machine, dies, a Fuse tool with the circular serrated edge header and a plastic pocket.  


I have found that larger dies work a little better and give you more room to fill glitter, sequins or homemade enamel dots.  I laid the plastic pocket on top of the die and created the appropriate "sandwich" for my machine.  I have found even with the original Sizzix dies this works best with a shim of some kind, I used two layers of cardstock but I've used felt, cardboard basically whatever I had on my desk.  


You should be left with two clean cut plastic pieces of the shape you require, my smaller dies didn't cut through completely but a quick nudge with a pair of scissors and they came away from the plastic very easily. 

The Fuse tool needs about 10 minutes to get to a good heat to fuse the plastic pockets effectively, it comes with a little stand that you can rest the tool on whilst you aren't using it.



I followed the edge of the butterfly I cut with the Fuse tool, as I am using the circular "fuse" head for the tool it is a very smooth easy process. 



 I left a little section of the butterfly unfinished so I could fill it with sequins then I continue with the Fuse to completely seal the butterfly. 



 The Fuse effortlessly sealed all the edges and now my clear embellishment is
complete!  





I also made a little gingerbread house tag which would was very quick and easy and filled it with sequins and homemade enamel dots, perfect for Christmas!




1 comment:

Lynn said...

thanks for directing me to this article Vanessa. Very interesting tool.
Lynn