Wednesday 9 May 2018

Pen & Ink..... Kaisercraft

Hello again,
It's Anita here today and I have my 1st post of the month to share with you. I have been scrapping with some of the Kaisercraft Pen and Ink Collection. This collection is really lovely and it has a vintage style with a mix of floral, butterflies and ephemera in soft sepia tones. I think it would be versatile enough to scrap various themes, including masculine, feminine, heritage and animals etc.

I chose a photo of our youngest daughter, taken several years ago now on a visit to Michelham Priory. She sat for ages in the window, fascinated by something outside in the garden and I love how the gentle sunlight lit her face so softly.


I used 4 sheets of the paper from the collection ...Ephemera, Chandalier, Linework and Journaled.



I also used some Tim Holtz dies ( Tattered Floral) and some of the Journaled sheet to create the large flower and also the Elegant Flourish die and some of the Zinc Bazzill.


The other flowers were made using more of the Journaled sheet and the roly rose technique


I drew round a tea plate onto a sheet of Zinc Bazzill, cut it out then scrunched it up into a ball. I rolled it about to and fro in my hands to soften it and distress it some more, then straightened it back out and flattened it as much as possible. Using some Brilliance ink pads in Copper, Gold and Silver gently swiped over the circle and the ink picked up on the creases and highlighted them. I also inked the edges of the other elements I had cut out.





I also used the copper ink on a script stamp, which I used on the lower right hand side of the page. Various items were cut from the ephemera sheet, were inked and then scattered and layered in various sections


There are various Kaisercraft Collections available in the shop, all beautiful and fabulous quality. Why not pop over and have a look around....and whilst there, check out all the lovely New Products that are available too!

Happy Scrapping!
Anita xx

2 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful layout Anita. As always, so many details to look at. Love the photo. x

Anita said...

Thanks Karen xx