Monday 16 July 2018

Sun Kissed Explosion Box

Hi There

Its Anita here, sharing my explosion box with you today....made using the last of my left overs of  the gorgeous G45 Sun Kissed!

I haven't made one of these for the longest time, but they are so simple and great fun. You can fill them with various layers if you wish and add lots of photos. They make great gifts for people and can be created in any theme and for any occasion.


I followed this basic plan, measuring in cms. I cut and removed the shaded areas on the top diagram to make the drop down base. The smaller diagram is for creating the lid to pop on the box. I followed the dotted lines to crease and fold in the right place for a good fit.



I used a sheet of orange cardstock for the base and a sheet of navy for the lid although you could of course use the same colour cardstock for both.



I used little bits and pieces throughout the inside and outside of the box from various sheets of paper I had left over. Here is a list of those used.
Sail Away
Turtle Time
Kids at Play
Floating Floral
Splish Splash



I had a good rummage through my blossom stash at home....I really wished I had some shells of some sort, but alas no! I also added some hessian and mini scrabble tiles to the box for some decor.



I wanted to create the feeling of the turtles swimming about, however, I didn't actually have any acetate available. Not a problem though, one of my lovely cropping friends had been eating a punnet of grapes, so I cut a couple of lengths from the side of the punnet....and voila!! Swimming turtles and starfish!


                                                     Here are a couple of close ups xx




I cut one of the tags from the sheet of Kids at Play and added some ribbons of orange mesh and a few light blue half pearls.


And some die cuts and mini wooden scrabble tiles from my stash.




This has been a really enjoyable project to make and as I said before, these boxes can be themed to anything. if you haven't had a try at one of these dear little albums, the please do go and have a look about and have a play.


Thank you very much for looking at my post, I hope maybe it inspired you a little. Everything you need is available over on the shop site
And don't forget, there is a huge SUMMER SALE on over at the shop too....so grab a bargain whilst you can!!
Happy Scrapping

Warmest wishes
Anita xxx

3 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely explosion box - beautifully decorated.

Lynn said...

What an amazing little box, loved watching this take shape. xx

Anita said...

Thank you both so much for your kind comments xxx