Wednesday 18 July 2018

July Papermaze Kit



Hi All, Lynn here with a pair of layouts I made using the July Papermaze Kit which goes on sale today.  Both my layouts will be part of my daughter's wedding album, as the papers were ideal for my photos.




This month's kit is packed with goodies as always - Six double-sided sheets of patterned paper:
Kaisercraft - Wandering Ivy, Panelling & Blue Posy
Jillybean Soup – 2 Cool for School, Wild Child
Bo Bunny – Once Upon A Lifetime, Namesake
Simple Stories – Travel Notes, Adventure Awaits
Graphic 45 – Sun Kissed Collection, Sand Dollars


 
Two sheets of Bazzill Basics - Splash & Hilary
There is an extra Bazzill Basics pack available containing four carefully matched sheets -  Typhoon, White, Rain & Boogieboard.


This photo shows the embellishments included in the kit - They are:
Jillibean mini alpha, 12" Freckled Fawn washi tape, 2 Dusty Attic word circles, 1 wooden arrow, 4 paper flowers, 1 strip green jewels, 40cm ribbon, 7 Pretty Little Studio leaf die-cuts, 1 Freckled Fawn arrow clip, 1 exclusive chevron stencil.
My first layout is called 'Autumn Bride'. I was pleased to see papers from Kaisercraft's Wandering Ivy in the kit as I had already used this for several of the layouts in the wedding album.


I inked the edges and dies cuts with Distress Inks - Old Paper and Peeled Paint.

To create this page I took the scrap sheet of 12" x 12" paper from my stash to 'build' my layout onto, as I needed to cut the paper up. I took the blue Posy paper and cut off two strips 10cm deep. These were stuck to the top and bottom of the base card. I cut a band of Travel Notes paper 13cm deep and trimmed the long edges with a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page border punch.
The Travel Notes paper was used to mount the photo and to make some banner strips which were laid down before the photo. I found a couple of labels from clothing which I trimmed and tucked behind the photo, adding some narrow white ribbon from my stash. 
 


 Then I created two large clusters of flowers on either side of the photo, over the band of Travel Notes paper. I created two large and two small rosettes from the left over Blue Posy Paper and the Tim Holtz, Decorative Strip Sizzix Sizzlit die. The flowers were cut from scraps of Blue Posy, Travel Notes and some white card, using the Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Funky Florals #3. This die set was also used to cut the fern leaves, using the Hilary Bazzill from the kit. Other embellishments from the kit added to these clusters were the green jewels and the paper flowers. I added more loops of blue ribbon from my own stash too. 

 

For a title 'Bride' I used some Sizzix Sizzlits alphabet dies (Boxed Brush) and the Hilary Bazzill, this was given a shine with Glossy Accents. For the words 'Autumn', 'Emily' and '2017' I used the Jillybean Mini Alpha Stickers which are included in the kit.



My second layout for today is called 'With These Rings' and uses the professional photo of Emily and Jack's Wedding Rings. 



This time I inked all my edges with Distress Inks - Peeled Paint and Stormy Sky.

I used another sheet of scrap 12" x 12" paper to make an unseen base for this layout, meaning I could cut up the papers and keep some for other pages and my die cutting etc. 

The first stage was to cut an interesting part from the Namesake paper. I liked the detail on the left side and wanted to include this. I used another sheet of card to mark the position to cut (see photo below).



Then I stuck this to my base card (see photo below).



The next step is to trim two adjacent sides of the sheet of Boogieboard Bazzill, with another Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page punch set (see photo below).




Now cut this so you have just the trimmed edges and corner, this needs to be about 2cm deep and stick into place so it covers the edges of the patterned paper (see photo below).



Next place the white Bazzill close to the trimmed edge and stick into place, onces stick you can trim off the excess, so you end up with a 12" x 12" base for you layout (see photo below).





I cut a white card mount for my photo. Then using the reverse side of the Namesake paper scrap (spotty side), I cut a wider mat including the printed blue lace, which I positioned on the left of my photo (this was cut at 13.5cm x 16.5cm).



To embellish I cut some doilies, hearts and tags using some Crafter's Companion dies. I used scraps of Boogieboard and white Bazzill asn well as the leftovers of Namesake and Travel Notes papers.  Once they were all in position I added a sprinkling of tiny flowers from the border punch waste.




Jute twine was added to the tags. Then a selection of small paper flowers from my stash were clustered around the tags and in the bottom right of the photo. I added a few fronds punched from scraps of patterned papers with a Martha Stewart punch. 





Finally I cut a title using silver card and some more Crafter's Companion dies.
Back with more from this kit early in August.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Karen said...

Such pretty layouts and I love how you stretched the patterned papers with some clever cutting.

Anita said...

Beautiful work as always Lynn, these are such delicate and pretty page. You absolutely rock these monthly kits....such inspirational pages xx