Friday 16 October 2020

October Papermaze Kit

Hi, Lynn here today with the October Papermaze kit. Lots of bright colours this month and several papers ideal for recording your experiences during the Covid 19 pandemic lockdown.

This is the first pair of layouts I have made this time.

 
Before looking at how I made the layouts - here is what the kit contains:

Patterned Papers
Pink Fresh Studio - Let's Stay Home collection - Better Things Are Ahead and Kind Hearts
Paige Evans - Go The Scenic Route collection - #12 and #17
Pebbles - Live Life Happy collection - Happy Rainbows
Photo Play - Can We Just Stay Home collection - Pillow Fight
Bazzill Avalanche and African Daisy

Reverse side of papers:

Embellishments - exclusive laser cut file, strip Pebbles puffy dots, yellow doily, strip Dusty Attic chipboard hearts, 2 puffy camera stickers, Pinkfresh chipboard frame, wooden word, 3 mini tags and 2 paper flowers.

Extra Bazzill Pack - Lava, Petunia, Ocean and Whirlpool

 

Making Rainbows - This layout shows my daughter with her rainbow pin, and some smaller photos of the pins and magnets we made to cheer family and friends during the earlier stages of the lockdown. 


For both these layouts I used a thin sheet of 12" x 12" paper from my stash as an unseen base. They are papers I had decided I wouldn't be using for scrapbooking.

I inked the edges of my paper and card with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. The larger part of the base for this layout is cut from ‘Go The Scenic Route  #12’ – cut to 30" x 24cm and stuck to the right of the paper. Then I cut a strip of the striped side of ‘Pillow Fight’ for the left side of the page.

With the rainbow side of Happy Rainbows, I gutted the sheet to leave a frame 2.5cm deep, which I set aside for the next layout. From the remainder I cut a piece 15.5cm x 25.5cm which I mounted onto Petunia Bazzill, making a narrow border. I placed this panel approx. 3.3cm in from the left side of the layout.  

The manufacturer's strip from the Happy Rainbows was also mounted onto the Petunia Bazzill and used to cover the join between the two papers.

My photos were mounted in the same way as the papers, then arranged on the page together with the yellow doily. I wrote my journalling onto a scrap of the #12 paper and placed this to the right side of the page. I added one of the clay rainbows at the base of the photos. 

My title was created with some glitter foam letter stickers, and Pinkfresh Studio Mini Puffy Alpha Stickers.

I used a few heart stickers and scattered some sequins over the page. A dot of Nuvo Crystal Drops was added to the centre of each sequin. 

New Rules - This photo shows my sister and her colleagues with their visors and masks, following the new rules from the Health and Social Secretary's Covid 19 Alert. 


This page starts with the already gutted sheet of 'Happy Rainbows' paper from the previous page. Over this frame I mounted a 26.5cm x 26.5cm piece of African Daisy Bazzill. I blended Candied Apple Distress Ink on the edges of all the card and paper.

Across the middle of the page I applied an 11cm deep piece of 'Pillow Fight' (blue side), and then a 3.5cm deep strip (striped side).  I ran a length of ribbon across the top of these strips, and tied them on the right of the layout, over the knot I added a red button from my stash and the heart button from the kit. The buttons were tied together with some thread.

I cut a heart shape from Whirlpool Bazzill, then a second smaller one from the '#17' paper. The smaller heart was mounted onto the first and they were glued to the centre of the layout.

The photo was mounted onto more Whirlpool Bazzill and positioned over the heart. My journalling was written on a scrap of the '#12' paper, which I made into a tag with a large brad added through the hole. The tag was attached to the page with 3D foam tape.

I cut some quote tickets from the '#17' paper and arranged these around the left side of the heart, alternate tickets were raised with 3D foam tape.

Finally I made a title using the Sizzix Bigz XL Wonderland Alphabet die. I cut the letters from Petunia and Lava Bazzill, and offset the pink letters over the red ones to give them some definition.

That's all for today, I have more to share from this colourful kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: