Monday 6 June 2022

Simple Stories - Summer Lovin' - Fun!

Hi everyone!

Claire here. Hope you had an amazing Bank Holiday weekend celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee! I was certainly glad of the long weekend and even managed to squeeze in some scrapping!

This month, I am creating with the Simple Stories Summer Lovin' collection and oh boy it's a beauty! The collection is full of vibrant colours, fun patterns, florals and ephemera to make documenting your summer stories a breeze.  You can find it in the shop here.

For my first page, I was drawn to the Beatin' The Heat paper - a blue background paper design filled with hosepipes! It immediately made me think of these photos and I knew I wanted to scrap them.


I started with a mixed media background. I applied Distress Oxide Ink in Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover to my page using a dry stencil brush, adding wet splatters on top.

I created an offset mat as the anchor of my page, using a piece of Typhoon Bazzill Cardstock and Sweet Summertime paper, distressing the edges and layering each piece on foam for extra height.


Next, I positioned my photos into the Chipboard Frames - So colourful and perfect for making a relatively quick layout as it immediately provides a really striking central point of interest.


For the embellishing of this page, I mostly used the Page Pieces. It's a smaller embellishment pack containing 13 pieces including titles and cute ephemera. I positioned the deck chair and paddling pool to the bottom right corner, and also used the tree. I cut the tree in half, placing each piece on either side of my photo frames.

I couldn't resist using the Fun! Foam Sticker for my title, placing it on top of my frame. 

I embellished with a small cluster of flowers, fussy cut from the Simply Paradise paper. 


As a small extra detail, I also added a tab from the Journal Bits pack to the top of the frame.


To create a bit more depth, I layered flowers from the foam sticker sheet and some fussy cut florals around my frames.




Now, you may remember, my whole inspiration for this page was the hosepipe paper! I opted to fussy cut the hosepipes, using several pieces to create an outer frame around my design. 
I absolutely love how that turned out, and it was so much fun to do!



I hope you've found some inspiration in today's blog post. I'll be back in a few weeks time with my second layout.

See you soon!

Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate





No comments: