Friday 14 January 2011

Olivia's Birthday Card

My niece's fourth birthday was coming up straight after Christmas, so I decided to use the Bella Boulevard Sunny Happy Skies range to craft with this month for the blog. This range, as the name suggests, is full of cheerful colours and cartoon-like prints, perfect for a children's birthday card or layout. I decided to construct my page using the Cute Cuts and Sugar Patch papers. The Cute Cuts paper has lots of large images to cut out and layer up on your pages as embellishments, although the reverse side with a woodland design is also gorgeous, so it might be worth getting two sheets!

My page is contstructed from white Bazzill - I made a 7in by 6in card blank, then used WordArt on Windows Word to make a large '4' that I then printed out. I used this as a template to cut the number from the front of the card.


I then lined the inside of the card with the Sugar Patch paper - I wanted it to look a bit like a jungle or forest. On the front of the card I positioned various designs from the Cute Cuts paper, including a panda, cloud and various leaves and flowers. I also spelled out my niece's name using foam American Crafts thickers (these are a small size of thicker, which you may need unless it is a particularly short name!).


By raising some of the embellishments up on foam pads, it gives the card a bit more dimension. I also drew around the number four with a fineliner pen to make it stand out against the busy background.



The finished card was very easy to make, but quite effective and I think my niece will love it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: