When I saw the new Soirée papers from Bo Bunny I knew they would be ideal for a few more heritage layouts, and so with some papers and embellishments from the collection I set about making layouts about sisters Lottie and Winnie, who were my great aunts.
For the first layout - I cut a 9" circle from 'Exquisit' paper, then punched holes 1 cm in from the edge and 1 cm apart all around the edge. For this I used a Crop-A-Dile. Then with crochet cotton and a 2.5 crochet hook, I created the crocheted border.
I used a sheet of 'Linens' for the background stuck my circle to the centre. With a small piece of Kraft Cardstock I mounted my photo with a very fine border.
With Distress Inks, water, paint brush, water colour paper and Sizzix Sizzlets Decorative Strip - Tattered Flower Garland, I cut a selection of flowers painted them with the inks and (once dry) arranged them on the layout. I added some buttons from Bo Bunny Soirée Buttons with some flat-backed pearls in the centres. The three daisies at the top were made by folding the daisy shapes in half and inking the petal ends delicately. The centres of these were made by cutting petals from a different flower, inking and then adding Crystal Stickles.
The butterflies are from Dusty Attic 'Flutterbies #3', painted with Antique Linen Distress Paint and glossed with Glossy Accents.
My title was cut using Sizzix Sizzlets Decorative Strip - Wanted Alphabet, then embossed with Stampendous Frantage Embossing Enamel - Shabby White.
Once everything is in position and stuck in place, I scattered a few of the tiny die cut flowers, more flat-backed pearls and some dots of Opal White Liquid Pearls.
Lottie:For the second layout, many of the products used are the same as above. I was inspired to
create this layout by the work of Heather Jacob.
I started by gutting a piece of 12" x 12" Kraft Bazzill (leaving a frame of 1") I cut a photo mat for this layout and the previous one from the centre.
Then I trimmed a sheet of BoBunny Soirée 'Tranquil' paper to 11.5" x 11.5", and with a Mini Crafter's Workshop Template Stencil - Art Is and some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink I added some script to the page. With the sewing machine and pink thread I made a rough circle shape by stitching round four times, I also stitched a few wavy lines at the top right and across the bottom.
The edges of the paper, the photo and the mat were all heavily distressed and inked with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. Once the mounted photo was in place I made and added three crocheted flowers and some blossoms from my stash. The centres of the crocheted flowers were decorated and attached to the page with Bo Bunny Soirée Brads. I added paper leaves punched (Martha Stewart) from scraps of 'Exquisite' paper from the first layout. These were inked and Crystal Stickles glitter glue was added to make them sparkle.
The banners were made by cutting scraps from 'Exquisit' & 'Linens' papers, and the packaging for the buttons. I also used a page of print from an old book. These were distressed in the same way as before and arranged on the page over a string made from a length of the crochet cotton, tied in a bow at the right side. Then I took some banner flags from the pack of brads and added these on top of the larger flags. A large metal and enamel brad was added to the bottom right of the photo.
Lastly I made my title using the same alphabet die as before, this time I inked it and added sparkle with more Crystal Stickles.
I have had fun making these pages, it was great experimenting with crochet ideas for scrapbook pages. I have made flowers before but had not tried working out how to do the border.
Thanks for looking