My 12" x 12" canvas was treated with gesso, texture paste through a stencil and acrylic paint. Then a little splash of ink and some stamping around the edges.
The wedding photo was mounted onto a 7" embroidery hoop - the inner hoop had been covered with a circle of paper which I had distressed before using glue to hold it in place.
I used papers and stickers from the Mademoiselle collection, many of which had the fussy cutting technique, before being inked and stuck into place. Some were glued and others were adhered with foam pads to give dimension.
finally I added a lot of tiny embellishments including roses made with scraps of Bazzill cardstock and the Tiny Tattered Florals die set.
Here is a list of the items used with links to the shop:
- 12" x 12" Canvas
- 7" Embroidery Hoop
- Bazzill Basics Cardstock - scraps in various colours
- Kaisercraft Mademoiselle collection: papers - Courture, Flutter, Floral Spray, Mannequin, Threads & Sticker Sheet
- Ranger Dina Wakley Gesso
- Ranger Texture Paste - Opaque
- Distress Paint - Antique Linen
- Distress Ink - Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap & Ground Espresso
- Distress Re-Inker - Brushed Corderoy
- Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Burlap
- Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz Alterations Die Set - Tiny Tattered Florals
- 49 & Market Clear Stamps - Gabi's Line Stitch
- Dew Drops - PinkBack with more using this collection later in the month. In the meantime I hope this inspires you to try a layout using a surface other than paper or card. Please share your creations.
Thanks for looking