Wednesday 29 March 2017

Prom Night ......with Prima Rossibelle.

Hi Again,

 It's Anita with you today and this is my last offering for March.
 Last summer it was our youngest daughter's year 11 Prom, such a beautiful evening, full of stunning dresses, sparkly heels, tiara's and of course arriving in magnificent cars!

When I saw the Rossibelle Collection I just fell in love with it....very pretty with the floral designs, but so striking and majestic with the Rose Gold Foil accents and highlights. So I knew that's what I had to use for a prom layout.
Chloe's dress was navy blue and I chose to have a few photos of the evening printed in black and white. I also felt that worked better with this paper range too.


I used a sheet of Nostalgic for the base of the layout and then took a sheet of the beautiful and heavily foiled Notes and Scribbles. This is an absolutely stunning sheet and the foiling is really luxurious. Before anything else i took a peice of bubble wrap and gently sponged some ivory acrylic paint onto it in various places. I absolutely LOVE to use bubble wrap for stamping with, I prefer it to actual stamps because I like that I can change the pressure in different places for different effects, also by popping a few random bubbles can completely change the end result too!
After the paint dried I then repeated the process in some patches using a metallic coppery/gold paint, I re-stamped over small patches of the ivory.
I then trimmed roughly 8mm off of one side of the sheet and the same off of the top of the sheet, this allows a border of the base sheet (Nostalgic) of the layout to show and create a framing effect.

 

After trimming I cut a fairly large square from the centre of the sheet and then roughed up the the inner and outer edges. You can use a distresser if you have one....I don't own one however and just like to pick at mine til I acheive an effect I am happy with.


I took the 3rd and final sheet which is called Vintage Memories This had various elements on it that I fussy cut out. One I used as a partial photo mat and the others I raised on 3d foam pads and arranged around the layout in various places.


Using some of the left over scraps I die cut out some swirls and added those to the layout and then popped on 3 paper and bead blossoms from the Rossibelle range.....the perfect finishing touch.


This collection is truly beautiful, even more so when you see it in the flesh. It's such a shame I couldn't capture this properly in the photo's but I just know that if you treat yourself to a few sheets at some point you will be glad you did.

 Warmest wishes
Anita xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My comment deleted itself somehow! I was going to say how gorgeous this layout is Anita and I loved the way you created a framing effect, I will definitely have to try this soon xx

Anita said...

Thank you xx I must admit I really like the effect myself and have made 4 layouts now on exactly the same layout base idea, but with comepletely different papers and I like them all for different reasons lol xx