Wednesday 22 March 2017

More Fun With PaperArtsy (JOFY) Stamps

Hi, Lynn back with another post for March, still using the same PaperArtsy stamps and technique as before, but decorating a different IKEA product this time.




I had a few old KNUFF magazine folders left empty when I sorted out some craft magazines. These were looking a bit tatty so I decided to treat them to the same technique as the bead chest I decorated at the beginning of the month. I made a start by allocating one to each colour of my stash of A4 coloured papers and cardstock.



I gave each box a light rub down with sand paper and then treated it to a quick coat of off-white acrylic paint. I kept the base plain this time as I wanted to dedicate each box to the colour of the papers it would store - I intended to display the colour in the images rather than the background.



The next step was to stencil (PaperArtsy) some images with Distress Paint. Then once this was dry I added stamped images and letters onto the box and the cartridge paper. 



The images on the paper were painted using Distress Inks and Markers, with a brush and water. I cut them out and used Gel Medium to stick them to the boxes. The finished boxes were treated to a covering of the Matt Gel Medium to protect them.

The boxes were finished off with a little sparkle from Stickles and texture and shimmer from Liquid Pearls.








This will be an ongoing project, I have completed some and others are in the process of being completed - but you get the idea. I will add photos to this post as I go - so pop back later to see what I did with the rest.



Thanks for looking
Lynn x

4 comments:

Anita said...

Lynn, these are absolutely beautiful! Such a clever idea and love how you can add to the collection. What an inspiring post xx

PoshPetal said...

Thank you. X

Unknown said...

Love these Lynn, so pretty and individual!

Lynn said...

Thank you Julie x