Monday 17 June 2019

June Papermaze Kit

Hello! Lynn here today with the elegantly beautiful Papermaze kit for the month of June. It is available in the shop to purchase. This month's kit is suitable for masculine and feminine layouts.

Here are the first two layouts I made:



Before I explain what I did, here are the details of the kit:


Patterned Papers:
Kaisercraft - Scrap Studio - Worn
Stamperia - Sueno - Azulejo Sueno SBB605
Stamperia - Voyages Fantastiques - Air Balloon SBB599

Studio Light - Industrial 3.0 - SCRAPIN12
Studio Light - Ultimate Scrap Collection - SCRAPUS26
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Traveller - Hello World
Bazzill cardstock - Natural and Lagoon


Reverse of papers



Extra Bazzill cardstock pack - Jetstream, Javelina, Safari and London Fog


Embellishments
Embellishments -
Cocoa Vanilla alpha stickers, Bare Basics frame, pearl brad, strip of Prima Hearts, 1m hemp cord, 18" lace, 12" ribbon, 3 flowers, 8 sequins and 6 dewdrops.

The Wedding Ceremony
- This layout has several small images of my daughter and son-in-law exchanging their vows. I really love this sheet of Stamperia paper which is divided into nine patterned tiles on each side. By cutting this up I was able to choose the designs I liked best from either side.




All the papers were distressed and inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

With the sheet of Stamperia called '
Azulejo Sueno', I cut all nine tiles from the sheet and then decided which side of each I wanted to use. I printed out eight small photos and arranged them on the tiles. I trimmed some of the patterns so they would flow over the photos in some places.
I picked the Jetstream Bazzill for this layout, it was very close in colour to the background on the patterned paper. I worked out the placement of the nine tiles and before sticking them down gutted a piece from behind where one of the tiles lay. I cut the large butterfly from one tile, and with the Bazzill square already cut, I trimmed this to lay over gap left by the butterfly and mounted a photo over the top. I also cut two small butterfly images, and used my photos to cover the resulting gaps. 

Once the tiles and photos were arranged and stuck in place I added some flourishes cut from a gold card using the Sizzix Thinlit die set - Adorned. I used the alpha stickers from the kit to create the title on one of the tiles.

I added the butterflies to the tiles with foam pads and made them shimmer with some Nuvo Glitter Drops - Silver Moondust. Then finally I added the 3D heart stickers and the flowers from the kit.


The Festival of Britain This photo was taken by my father at the festival in 1951 on the South Bank, London. A photo I have been meaning to scrapbook for some time, and these papers were perfect for the job

This layout was created by fussy cutting the images and words from the Voyages Fantastiques - Air Balloon paper. I distressed and inked all my papers using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I used a sheet of Lagoon Bazzill for the base, but gutted this first leaving a frame of about 1". I trimmed 0.5" off two adjacent sides of Kaisercraft Scrap Studio - Worn paper, and distressed and folded back all four corners. I mounted this over the Bazzill frame, green side up, with the print side showing at the corners. I used scraps of the Air Balloon paper to fill the corners back in again. 


From the left over bits of Air Balloon, I cut two more pieces about the same size as my photo, I used them to layer behind the photo - one striped side up, the other image side up. I then cut a smaller square as a journalling block.

I arranged all the cutouts and lettering from the Air Balloon paper onto the layout and glued them in place. My title was created with the alpha stickers provided in the kit.

Finally I cut cogs with the Sizzix Thinlits die set - Greahead and some of the Lagoon cardstock, these were coloured in varying degrees with the Distress Ink.


I will be back with more from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful layouts Lynn, what a great kit! xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous layouts Lynn. Love those papers. x x