Monday 2 December 2019

November Papermaze Kit - Part 2

It's Lynn back with the second set of layouts created with the November Papermaze Kit.
This kit contains a wonderful selection of colours and designs all put together by Vanessa making yet another great value for money collection. As always the kit is just £10 with the additional Bazzill pack for £1.75.



What is in the kit this month?:


Patterned Paper:
American Crafts, Vicki Boutin - Wildflower and Honey collection - Blossom, Field of Dreams & Queen Bee
Pink Paislee - Indigo & Ivy - #12
Simple Stories - Happy Trails - I Love You S'more
Simple Stories - Winter Farmhouse - Warm & Cozy
Bazzill - Cream Puff & Ruby Slipper

The flip side of the papers:



Extra matching Bazzill pack:



Jade, Carob, Festive and Rain.



Embellishments - 12" x 6" Butterflies Printed Vellum, 3 strips of washi tape, 30cm twine, 30cm cotton lace, strip of 5 gems, 3 brown flowers, 1 Petaloo blossom, pearl swirl, 2 exclusive lazer cut wooden hexagon words.


Wellies and A Tutu ... all a girl needs! This layout features photos of Jasmine having a great time in the New Forest.



I liked both sides of the Warm & Cosy paper and they both worked with these pictures, so I gutted the paper leaving a 3cm frame (large print up), and trimmed the rest to measure 20cm x 20cm (small print up). I cut the Carob Bazzill to 28cm x 28cm. All the edges were distressed and inked. I mounted my photos onto some of the Festive Bazzill, and treated them in the same way. The pieces were all arranged onto the layout and stuck in place.

Then with some left over Jade, Carob and Festive Bazzill I die cut the title with Bigz Sizzix Handmade die. I placed the letters where I wanted them to go and added some Glossy Accents to 'Wellies and A', and for the word 'Tutu' I used Stickles because this word just needs to sparkle!

Using scraps of the Bazzill from the kit and my stash, I die cut lots of leaves, fronds, berries, acorns, fir cones, flowers and toadstools. I used two Sizzix Thinlits die sets by Tim Holtz for these - Funky Festive and Funky Foliage.


I inked the pieces and layered them up where needed, some were glued to the layout and others raised with 3D foam pads for dimension. 




I made a journalling tag with a piece of paper cut from the sheet called Blossom, the tie is twine from the kit. The remaining twine was used to tie the bow placed under the photo on the right.

Finally I scattered a few dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops - Metallic Caramel Cream among the die cuts.

Swiss Cottage This layout is an old picture I have wanted to scrap for years, and shows my girls on the Isle of Wight, autumn half term 1999, when we visited Osborne House.




I gutted the Ruby Slipper Bazzill to make a frame 2.5cm deep. The Cream Puff Bazzill was trimmed to 29cm x 29cm, and with the Crafter's Workshop Chicken Wire Reversed Stencil and a selection of Distress Oxide Ink Pads I created a light background pattern with a blending tool. Then I placed some ink from the pads onto a craft mat, spritzed them with a little water and flicked some onto the cardstock. This was set aside to dry.

I gutted the paper called Queen Bee to make a frame of 2.5cm and set the frame aside for another layout. Then with the Memory Box Hexagon Dies, I cut the shapes from the remaining paper. Inked the edges and arranged them on the paper with the photo, which I had mounted onto some Ruby Slipper Bazzill. 

I coloured the two exclusive wooden hexagon words with some Distress Oxide Ink. These were then made shiny with some Glossy Accents and set aside to dry, then added to the arrangement on the layout. 



I took three of the pink vellum butterflies left over from the earlier layouts, and applied them to the layout with a small dot of Glossy Accents. 


From the paper called Blossom, I cut a small journalling block, and inked the edges, wrote out my information and glued it to the page.


I used the Petaloo flower from the kit and placed it between photo and journalling block. Then I added fronds punched from the Blossom paper with a Martha Stewart Punch.

Lastly, I used some old letter stickers from my stash to add the title.

I have created four layouts with this kit so far, and still have plenty of paper, card and embellishments left to make another layout or some cards. In fact as you can see I have already started work on my next layout!

 

That's all for today, I'll be back with the December kit soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

Another fab kit, beautifully scrapped. I love how you use so many detailed little bits and pieces Lynn xx

Karen said...

You're layouts are always so inspiring Lynn and these two are no exception. x x