Wednesday 1 January 2020

December Papermaze Kit - Part 3

Hello and Happy New Year! Lynn here today with a third pair of Christmas layouts made with the December Papermaze kit. For me this kit has been amazing value for money, I have just added an extra sheet of Bazzill to create a total of six pages. To purchase the kit and have a look at the other products please see the new shop website. 


Before looking at the layouts in detail - here is what you will find in the kit.



Patterned papers:
Simple Stories - Holly Jolly collection - Home for the Holidays & Cozy Christmas
Kaisercraft - Under the Gum Leaves collection - Protea
Kaisercraft - Enchanted collection - Imagine
Authentique - Rejoice collection - Rejoice #22
American Crafts - Heidi Swapp - Winter Wonderland collection - Poinsettia Lane
Bazzill cardstock - Fawn & Crabapple Dark


reverse side of papers
Extra Matched Bazzil Cardstock Pack
The extra Bazzill pack is made up of Butter Mints, Mocha Divine, Safari, Grenadine.



Embellishments include: Doily, exclusive star stencil, 50cm twine, 2 paper fern leaves, Prima paper flower, 2 heart buttons, 3 tiny paper roses glittery chipboard star, 20cm lace with velvet ribbon &  strip dots. 

Holly Fairy - This layout was made to celebrate the costume Emily and I made for her to wear for Book Week in the year 2000.



 Starting with the Mocha Divine Bazzill, I gutted the card to give me a frame 4cm deep. Then with an extra sheet of cream Bazzill, trimmed to 26cm x 26cm I used the Cherish - Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page set to create a border. With green embroidery thread I stitched around the punched design, tying a small bow with the ends.

Using some of the Mocha Divine Bazzill left over, I mounted my large photo. Then I cut the three small photos to measure 4cm x 4cm.


With scraps from
Rejoice #22, Home for the Holidays & Cozy Christmas I cut more pieces 4cm x 4cm. I arranged all these small squares into a grid on the cream card. 

I cut two branches from Safari Bazzill with the Sizzix Holiday Greens Thinlits set. I dabbed them with some Versamark Ink and embossed them with a little Stampendous Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel. I applied these to the layout and added the self adhesive domes from the kit as berries.

I used the Bigz XL Handmade lettering die to cut my title from scraps of cream card. These were coloured with Distress Oxide Ink in Forest Green and Aged Mahogany.  Once arranged on the page I added some Crystal Stickles.

Christingle - For my last Christmas layout with the December 2019 kit, I made another layout using this old favourite photo from 1995, when the children were dressed up for the Christingle Service at our local church. I have scrapped this again so I can place a layout in each of the children's scrapbook albums. 




To start off I have used some of the gutted cardstock from previous layouts made from this kit. The outer layer is Fawn, then
Grenadine, and the paper cut to 28cm x 28cm, is the burlap print side of the Protea paper. I splattered some Dylusions - Ink Spray - White Linen over the page. 

There was a doily in the kit, which I managed to mess up! - So I have taken one of similar size from my stash and placed it in the centre of the layout. I mounted my photo onto a scrap of
Grenadine Bazzill and mounted this towards the bottom of the doily.

Next I die cut seven fir trees with the Woodlands Sizzix Thinlits set. I cut the trees from scraps of Safari and Fawn Bazzill.  They were treated to a coat of Versamark Ink and some Super Sparkle embossing powder. I'm not sure the photo does justice to the amount of sparkle in these trees! I placed the trees around the base of the photo.

I created the title and date with the Wanted Sizzix Sizzlit alphabet die and some scraps of Mocha Divine, which took on a different colour when glitter was added with Crystals Stickles.

I also added some Stickles to three wooden stars from a previous kit and placed them around the doily.

That's all for the December kit, and I will be back next with the January kit.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

3 comments:

Anita said...

Once again you have done amazing work with this brilliant kit Lynn! Always so inspiring and you show so well just what can be done. xx Happy New Year xxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous layouts Lynn. x x

Lynn said...

Thank you girls. x