Friday 8 October 2021

Pinkfresh Studio - The Best Day - Big Smiles!

Hi everyone and Happy October!

Autumn is my favourite season and what better way to kick it off than with some seasonal scrapping!

You may remember last month, I created layouts using The Best Day collection from Pinkfresh Studio.  Well, I enjoyed it so much, I asked to keep it for another month!  It's perfect for autumnal pages.

My first layout this month is all about Pumpkins!


I started with a piece of White Premium Cardstock and prepped it ahead of time with some clear gesso as I wanted to create a mixed media background.

To make the background, I added several shades of Distress Oxide to my background, adding lots of water to paint with the inks across the page. I used:

 - Tea Dye

 - Brushed Corduroy

 - Wild Honey

I added quite a bit of water so the ink would run down the page, creating drips which form part of the design.  Once it was dry, I used a polka dot stencil and stencil brush to apply some more ink in Brushed Corduroy for a bit of extra depth.


For my design, I used a circles cut file from Peartree Cutfiles. I backed half of the circles in vellum and half in the Welcome Home patterned paper.  It's perfect for pumpkin pictures with its beautiful blues, green and oranges in a floral pattern.


I raised the file up onto foam pads to give some dimension and then began embellishing.

There are so many beautiful embellishment pieces; from Chipboard Flair, to Floral Ephemera and Cardstock Ephemera.

To start, I added some of those beautiful branches around my photo. They are from a mixture of both the Floral Ephemera and Cardstock Ephemera packs. 


I also added a small tag as part of the foliage clusters, taken from the Cardstock Ephemera Pack, and a flair from the Chipboard Flair pack. These are a great size and are a lot thinner than traditional flair, still allowing dimension without adding too much bulk. 

To the right of my photo, I added another Chipboard Flair, envelope and floral circle, raising each onto different depths of foam pads to create dimension.


To the left of the design, I created another embellishment cluster, again using elements from the Cardstock Ephemera Pack.


To create my title, I used both the larger Puffy Alpha Stickers, which have a beautiful curve to the letters and the Mini Puffy Alpha Stickers.


I split the title in half, following the circular shape of cut file to mirror the circular design.


I really love how this turned out.  I tend to steer clear of wet mixed media, but I must admit I really enjoyed this process and am so pleased with the final result. Definitiely looking forward to scrapping some more with this beautiful collection. 

You can find The Best Day by Pinkfresh Studio in the shop here, along with a huge range of Distress Oxide Ink Pads here.

Until next time, take care.


Claire x

No comments: