Thursday 28 October 2021

The NearlyWeds Day

 Hello, It's Anita with you today....gosh its been a long time since I was last here. I needed to take a little break...which turned out to be a LOT longer than I intended. 

So here is my first layout made in almost a year! I have been creating with the gorgeous Prima's *Hello Pink Autumn* This layout however is actually nothing to do with Autumn at all! I have scrapped a couple of photos to document a day that could potentially have been sad, but we made it a happy one instead!

Our daughter was due to get married on May 31st 2020, after 2 years of planning, creating all the bouquets, decor etc...and then along came Covid and changed plans! Couldn't let the original date pass without some sort of recognition ....so we held a very small celebration for us all and gave them a Nearly Weds Day!


 

The layout was backed with a sheet of  Sweetheart cardstock, I gutted the middle out and used some of the gutted piece to mat the photo onto before adding a 2nd mat using some music paper and I tore the outer edge on it.  

A rummage through my shelves of inks, paints and sparkly bits provided a pot of copper gilding cream, so rubbed some gently round the outer edge of the cardstock and also the edges of the photo mat.


All of the patterned sheets in the range have some gorgeous rose gold/copper foiled details on them, they catch the light beautifully and really do add a lot to the layouts.

I chose a sheet called Grateful Hearts for this layout and cut a random rippled edge all the round the outside edge, I then carefully cut round the floral section above the word banner and tucked the photo just in behind it



The sheet of Fall Hugs has 4 square panels on one side, I picked the one I liked the most and fussy cut the wreath to create a frame for the 2nd photo to sit in. I love how soft the wreath frame was and that it was a completely different shape than the other photo.

Next it was onto sorting out some embellishments.... this gave me chance to have a really good root about and rummage in lots of boxes and baskets that I haven't touched for such a long time!

I found a mix of various brads in different sizes and colours, plus some flat backed gems and some photo anchors......and they ended up everywhere!! I do love to add embellies to my pages and projects and half the fun is in the rummaging for them.....it always reminds me of rooting through my Nanna's button tins when I was a little girl!

There is a fabulous range of all the embellishments you could ever need on the shop page go and have a good look and treat yourself.


I couldn't do a layout without adding blossoms and especially with this theme, so I picked a variety to add and also punched out some little fern fronds to add around the blossom clusters.
To finish the page I used a Sizzlet Aphabet in the font Dreamboat, cut from a sheet of Cream Puff to create the title and used the same leftover card to print out my journalling , which I then cut into strips and added to complete my layout.


Well that's it from me, thanks for taking the time to look at my post. 

If you pop over to the SHOP you will find this gorgeous Prima Collection and hundreds and hundreds of other gorgeous things that you NEED in your craft collection....and there is also a fantastic AUTUMN SALE filled with bargains that are too good to miss

Happy Crafting

Anita xx

No comments: