Friday 1 October 2021

September Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Hello, Lynn here today, back with my second DT post and the versatile September Papermaze Kit - with a mix of papers and embellishments in soft neutral colours. Ideal for many different themes.

I have used chipboard in all four of my layouts, from three different companies, all available from Papermaze. Today I'm sharing some layouts with recent photos, whereas last time I made two heritage layouts.


Before we start making the pages - here is a reminder of what you will find in the kit. For full details, please see my previous post.


Cornwall 2021 - Our niece's triplets returned to Cornwall for a holiday this summer after covid19 put a stop to their family reunions last year.


I made a frame for the page by gutting the Truffle Bazzill. The main piece is the sheet of 
'Roam' paper from Kaisercraft. I trimmed this by tearing the edges and set it into the centre of the frame.

With the Dusty Attic - Ivy Corners - I painted the pieces with a coat of Gesso, then painted them with Bundled Sage and Walnut Stain Distress Paints.


With a strip of burlap across the page I mounted my photo before adding the painted, chipboard pieces. I also used a little burlap where I had curled back some of the the paper edges. 


My title was created using the
Simple Stories Colour Vibe Alphabet Sticker sheet from the kit. With a fine marker pen I highlighted the edges of each letter.

I embellished the layout with fussy cut butterflies from the 'In Flight' paper. These were shaped and made to sparkle with some Nuvo Glitter Drops - Gold Coast. I also used the three Prima flowers from the kit.




Camp Wildfire - Catherine and George took an adventurous, bank holiday weekend break to Camp Wildfire in Sevenoaks this year.

I made a narrow border for this layout by gurring the Yukon Gold Bazzill. I trimmed the White Bazzill to 29.5cm x 29.5cm and inked the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink.


I splattered Distress Oxide inks over the page using Tumbled Glass, Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick and a little Black Soot.


From the Rainbow side of 'Over The Rainbow' paper, I cut a piece 21cm x 13.5cm and mounted it over some Yukon Gold Bazzill. This was placed centrally near the top of the layout. I cut another piece from this paper 28cm x 2.5cm, this was mounted onto Powder Blue Bazzill and was attached to the bottom of the page.


I trimmed and mounted my photos onto some of the gold side of 'Over The Rainbow' paper. They were arranged as shown in the photo of the layout. I tucked the gold rainbow clip onto my large photo.


The main title was cut from Yukon Gold and Truffle Bazzill using the Society - Tim Holtz - Sizzix Bigz XL die.


I added the date and place using more of the
Simple Stories Colour Vibe Alphabet Sticker sheet from the kit.

Finally I used more Dusty Attic Chipboard pieces. This time I chose three pieces from the  Hashtag Sayings #1 pack. I coated these with Gesso, then coloured them with more Distress Oxide inks. I applied these along the paper strip at the base of the page.


That's all from the September kit, although I still have enough to make at least one more layout.
Thanks for looking, back with the October kit later this month.
Lynn x

No comments: