Sunday 3 October 2021

Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart - Leaves are Falling by Meg

Hello, happy Sunday and welcome to the blog today! It's Meg here sharing my newest layout, using the stunning Jen Hadfields Peaceful Heart collection, which I'm finding SO versatile and elegant! 

As my last page used delicate florals and peachy pinks, I decided I wanted to try a more Autumnal feeling layout this time. I started with some Autumn photographs of my little boy that I took in the woods last year and picked out the green Breathe Deeply paper which matched the green trees in my photos quite nicely! 

I didn't have much left of the Breathe Deeply paper after fussy cutting most of it for my last layout, so I cut a rectangle out of what I had left and went from there. I decided to layer up my photos and keep them central on the page, with a longer title on the green paper as a focal point. 

I wanted to use three photos on my page but they are all quite similar as they were taken at the same time, so I layered my favourite photo up with plain white cardstock, distressing the edges to add some texture. I cut my large green Breathe Deeply rectangle in half, so that half would become my title focal point on the right and the other half would be layered behind my photo on the left, to tie the green together across the page. I stitched the green paper onto a larger rectangle of vellum, to create a pocket. This is where I tucked away my extra photos - they don't tuck away entirely so that they are easy to pull out and they add interest to the page by being partly visible. I liked the effect of the extra photos layered up behind my first photo!

Next I splattered the page with dark green ink to coordinate with the Breathe Deeply paper, either side of where my central rectangles would be. I splattered white acrylic onto the green paper where my title would go. 

I then adhered the rectangles to the page and began creating the ephemera clusters either side. The green foliage was fussy cut from the Breathe Deeply floral side and I used the log circle, butterflies, a large floral element and a mug from the packet of Peaceful Heart Icon Ephemera. I used foam pads behind the butterflies to add some depth and the tag behind my photo came from the Thankful paper. I used acrylic autumn Bramblefox pieces and a few word phrases from my stash and I decorated with gold flat back gems and sequins. 

To make the page look more finished, I tore the white cardstock at the top and bottom and added the marble effect I Am Enough paper behind, with a few more small embellishments in the top corner. I created my title using a letter punch and added my journaling underneath. 

And that's that, my layout complete! I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've created with the Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart collection and that you feel inspired to give it a try. Thank you for stopping by to have a read! 

I'll be back soon with another layout, so until then, 

Take care and have fun scrapping! 

Meg x 


No comments: