Saturday 23 October 2021

Halloween - Simple Stories - Spooky Nights Collection

Hello, Rebecca here with you today sharing my second layout of the month using Simple Stories 'Spooky Nights' collection. It's getting closer to Halloween which means I'm getting increasingly excited! For now though, I'm finishing up scrapping my 2020 photos. You can find the Spooky Nights collection in the shop here.



I began with a sheet of white bazzill cardstock, which I trimmed to 10.5 inches squared and framed using the 'BooYa!' patterned paper. I then machine stitched around the edge of the cardstock with black thread to add some drama and texture. 



I purchased a cutfile from the Silhouette Store, which I cut from the B side of the 'One Cool Ghoul' patterned paper. I offset the cutfile and removed all the internal parts which gave me a background piece to sit my cutfile upon. I coloured this piece with a blending brush using a Distress Ink Pad in the shade 'Spiced Marmelade', and then added splatters on top to give it a bit of texture. I layered the two pieces up using foam pads to introduce some dimension to the layout.



I used another Distress Ink in the shade 'Twisted Citron' to add some bright green to my background, behind the cutfile - again using a blending brush and adding some splatters on top. 

The Cutfile offered a natural place for my photo, so I added a layer of the BooYa! paper behind it, and raised it up on foam before slotting it in above the cutfile. 



With the basis of my layout complete, I moved on to embellishing. I used several pieces from the Bits and Pieces pack including a signpost, a bunting piece, a trick or treat bag and a pumpkin.



I also introduced some of the Combo Stickers - but before adding them to my layout, I stuck them to white cardstock and cut them out, giving them a white border to help give them some separation from the background.



I also fussy-cut some haunted houses from the 'Let's Get Spooky' patterned paper in colours to match my mixed media. 



I wanted to extend the design further down the page, so used some of the label stickers from the Combo Stickers sheet with phrases which related to my photo.



I finished my layout off with some black splatters using watered-down acrylic paint.

Thanks very much for reading, I hope you've enjoyed my layouts using this collection. If you'd like to see this page come together, I have a process video up on my YouTube channel which you can find here.

Take care,

Rebecca x




No comments: