Friday 27 May 2022

Hello Sunshine - Vicki Boutin - Sweet Rush Collection

Hello, Rebecca with you today sharing another colourful layout created with Vicki Boutin's Sweet Rush collection. You can find the collection in store here.


It's been a long time since I've used a cutfile on my layouts so decided that it would make a nice change to use one. I chose a pie chart cutfile from Cut To You, and cut it twice. The first cut is from the B side of the Simple Pleasures patterned paper, and then I made the file slightly larger and cut it from black cardstock and layered the two together.


I wanted to make the hearts on the patterned paper 'pop' a bit more, so I used a black gel pen and drew around the outline of some of them to give them some definition.



Behind my cutfile, I added some colour using a Distress Oxide Ink Pad in the shade 'Mermaid Lagoon', to match the colour of some of the hearts, and the top my little boy is wearing in my photo. I used an ink blending brush to apply the colour, and then watered some of the ink down and added some splatters.



I placed my circular photo in the centre of my cutfile, raised up with foam and then added some die cuts from the Icon Ephemera pack, focusing on the tropical items to match my photo. I arranged these in two clusters, either side of my photo.



Next, I added my title - also from the Icon Ephemera pack, and embellished further with some flowers I had fussy cut from the Daisy Chain patterned paper. I love that there are so many opportunities for fussy-cutting and creating your own embellishments with this collection. It's a great way to make a collection go further.


I also introduced some of the Phase and Icon Chipboard Thickers - some sentiments and butterflies. 



I finished my layout off with some star stickers from the Sticker Book and a couple of the heart shaped Layered Embellishment Stickers.



I hope you've enjoyed this layout and it inspires you to create with the Sweet Rush collection. As always, I have lots left over so this won't be the last time I use it!

If you'd like to watch how this layout came together, there is a process video up on my YouTube channel, which you can find here.


Take care,

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: