Friday 6 May 2022

Heidi Swapp - Sun Chaser - Good Life

Hi everyone!

Hope you've all been enjoying the recent Bank Holiday weekends - They've given me some precious scrapping time to play with the most gorgeous new collection - Sun Chaser by Heidi Swapp. 

For my first layout this month, I wanted to explore all the summer vibes, and relive some happy holiday moments from a trip we took a few years back.


To push myself out of my comfort zone, and away from my usual white background, I opted for a beautiful piece of Bazzill Cardstock from the Matchmaker pack in shade Aqua.  It has a really soft pretty tone and matches this collection like a dream. I trimmed it down to 11.5", distressed the edges and added a machine stitched border. I really love this effect.

I was immediately drawn to the Sunburst paper.  This paper has so many possibilities and is perfect for scrapping sunny photographs.

I decided to cut each slice of the sunburst and create chards, picking out the blue, pink and orange shades. I machine stitched down the centre of each piece, leaving the thread ends loose, and distressed the edges of each chard to create a bit of additional texture.


I lay each piece in a diagonal pattern across my page, raising some on foam pads for height, and some flat. I folded the edges up to create extra depth and movement.


Around my circular photograph, I created some clusters using the circle puffy phrase stickers from the Colorful Phrase Thickers pack, and some hearts from the Mini Puffy Stickers.

I layered in a rainbow, Ice Lollies and cactus from the Ephemera Pack and Sticker Book, which contains 390 stickers! Some, like the cactus include gold foiling which adds a really nice touch to the page. I also added two ephemera clouds across my chards to create a whimsical effect.


From the Definition Stickers, I placed some tone on tone phrases to the sunburst chards, to run alongside the stitching. I also added some puffy stars from the Colorful Phrase Thickers. (The thicker sheet is jam packed of fabulous titles, but also loads of fun elements including hearts and stars in all the pretty colours - it's a must have for me in this collection).

The small teal banner is from the Mini Puffy Stickers.

For my title, I of course turned to those stunning Colorful Phrase Thickers - they are sooo beautiful!

To help the title stand off the background, I outlined it with a black Sharpie.


To finish, I splattered watered down white and black paint with a very fine paintbrush across the design and that was the page done!



I am loving this collection  - it's super fresh, with such happy vibes. I'm excited to share another layout with you later this month.


Until then, take care.


Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate

  

No comments: