Wednesday 4 May 2022

April Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Welcome to part 2 of the April Papermaze Kit, full of pretty pastel papers, cardstock and embellishments for spring and Easter themed layouts. My layouts have been made using sketches for inspiration.

Before looking at the layouts in detail, here is a reminder of what you will find in the kit.

Patterned Papers:
P13 - Hello Spring - #02 & #06
Echo Park - My Favorite Easter - Happy Day & Picking Plaid
Photo Play - Hop To It - Spring Has Sprung
Lawn Fawn - Watercolor Wishes - Larimar
Bazzill Basics Cardstock: African Daisy & White

Embellishments:
9" washi tape, Lace, banner, 6 easter stickers, 2 3D bows, strip of enamel dots & 5 Perspex domes,
Rosie's Studio Puffy Stickers*

*Mini puffy alpha stickers had to be replaced with Pinkfresh Studios due to supplier issues beyond our control!


Optional Extra Bazzill Basics Pack:



Coral Cream, Nixon, Stonewash & Limeade


Just Pottering - A selection of photos of my children playing with the terracotta pots on the porch, in newly knitted Aran jackets made for them by Aunty Marmite!


I used the Hello Spring #6 paper with the pretty wreaths all over the page. Then I created three large wreaths using a die from my collection I cut each one in Limeade and Nixon Bazzill from the kit. I arranged the wreaths across the centre of the paper, overlapping each other.

I printed my photos to fit within the wreathes and stuck them in place. I arranged a selection of paper flowers around the wreathes, choosing colours to match the flowers on the paper.


For the title I used the 'Handmade' Sizzix BigzXL die and cut the letters twice with Coral Cream and Nixon Bazzill from the kit. I also used Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Alpha Stickers (Happy Blooms). 
 
 
The journalling was written onto white cardstock and cut into narrow strips. I inked the edges with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. The journalling was arranged under the title.


The sketch I used came from Bella BLVD.


Spring, Spring, Spring ... - A layout for my daughters' dance album, showing them dressed for a dance school show.


I picked a selection of Distress Oxide Inks to match the colours in the Picking Plaid paper. I mixed each ink colour with a little water and splashed it onto the white Bazzill.

 
I cut a piece from the dotty side of the Larimar paper 20cm x 27cm and over this I placed a piece of Stonewash Bazzill 19cm x 26cm. This was glued in place on the left of the page. A strip of Picking Plaid (plaid side up) cut to 7.5cm x 30.5cm and placed to the left side of the previous piece. With the lace from the kit I ran this down the left side of the paper.


Another piece of Picking Plaid (flower side up) was cut to 18cm x 8cm and placed horizontally, butting up against the first piece.  I stuck the washi tape from the kit to white card and trimmed it with a scalloped border punch. This was place below the floral paper.
 

I printed off six small photos, and mounted them using scraps of Limeade, Coral Cream and Limeade Bazzill. The photos were arranged and glued into place on the page.
 

From the scraps of Picking Plaid, I fussy cut a selection of tulips and daffodils and arranged them onto the layout. 
 

My title is made with Sizzix Thinlits Varsity alphanumeric set, cutting each letter in a different colour of Bazzill cardstock. For the smaller letters I used the
Rosie's Studio puffy alpha stickers from the kit and some hand written journalling.


To finish off I added several items from the kit - the waterdrops, one of the P13 round stickers and I placed the enamel dots on the flower centres of the lace. I added some gems and pearls from my stash too.

I used a sketch from Pagemaps



This concludes my layouts from the April Kit, I will be back soon with mew layouts from the May Kit.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: