Monday 2 May 2022

Pinkfresh Studio Happy Heart - Beautiful Spring

Hello, Karen here. If you're in the UK I hope you're enjoying this Early May Bank Holiday and today I'm sharing another scrapbook layout using Pinkfresh Studio's Happy Heart collection and some photos taken last May. The colours in this collection are predominantly pastels and teamed with white cardstock appear very soft but, team the collection with some bright cardstock and the colours come to life.


For this layout I first created a photo collage using five photos from a day out and attached this to a piece of white cardstock onto which I had already typed my journalling and tied a piece of pink bakers twine


The white cardtock, which was a little larger than A4 size, was then stuck to a sheet of the Keep Growing paper.


Next to the journalling I added the title with the word 'Spring' cut from bright Pink Cardstock and the word 'Beautiful' taken from the Ephemera Titles Pack


The words 'at Herstmonceux' completed the title using some white Pink Paislee Foam Thickers from my stash.


To pick out the pink in the patterned paper and to add some of the bright pink colour to the top half of the layout I added a punched border above the photo collage using more of the bright pink cardstock. 


The layout was embellished using one of the Ephemera pieces and a fussy cut butterfly from the Beautiful Moments paper.

I hope this simple layout has inspired you to try using different coloured cardstock with your patterned papers. All too often I chose white cardstock for my layouts but every now and then its nice to chose a colour picked out from the papers and give your layouts a totally different vibe.

Take care and I'll be back soon
Karen    x x

No comments: