Friday 8 March 2024

Adventure - Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Great Escape

Hi everyone!

It's Rebecca with you today sharing my first layout for March. It feels like forever since I created a proper 'boyish' layout, so this month I've chosen to work with the new Great Escape collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. You can always count on CVS to release a cracking 'boy' collection! You can find it in the shop here.


As soon as I saw the grey woodgrain paper (the B side of 'Starry Night'), I was in love! It's a really lovely paper, and it's not too busy so it's perfect for a background! I cut small sections out of two of the edges and after distressing them, backed them with patterned papers from the collection.

Next, I die cut 2 large stars from the same 2 patterned papers (Happy Camper and Journey) and placed them central on the page. On top of these, I added my circular photo. I knew I wanted this layout to be quite minimalistic, so I kept everything clustered tightly in the centre of the page. 

Underneath the photo, I added 2 strips of patterned papers with fishtails cut into each end. I offset these slightly so that they weren't too 'blocky' and on top of these I added one of the Puffy Title Stickers.


Either side of my photo I added elements from the Die-Cut Ephemera. My photo is of my little boy playing in the village park on holiday, and so I've used the 'Fun Times' signpost, a compass and the words 'wild' and 'roam'. 


Underneath my title, I placed one of the Chipboard Stickers. I love this piece because the shape matches the banners I've created under my photo.

Wanting to extend the design down slightly, I've staggered some phrase stickers.


To finish off the layout, I've arranged lots of the star Puffy Stickers around the central cluster, trying to get an even spread of colours, and doodled a black border around the edge of the background.


Thanks for reading! I hope my layout inspires you to create with this fabulous collection.

Take care,

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: